#16

| Allie |

"I have no idea why you don't show your killer legs? Gloria has nothing on you, my friend."

Mia was leaning against the locker, English textbook close to her chest while I was pushing back my pile of books that were about to hit the floor. I was such a mess when it came to my books. I would stash and stash and stash. .until they thonk on my head.

"I'll show my killer legs when it's your wedding." I said to her smiling a little.

She rolled her eyes.

"Ha-ha! So funny I almost died."

"No one dies of laughter Mia." I pulled out my English textbook ,careful not to touch the others.

"You're the most-oh my God! It's him! " She said so suddenly and so shrilly people turned their necks to where she was staring at.

Curious, I too turned around and -indeed. There he was . A white T-shirt with Nike logo on it , a black expensive jacket and washed out jeans. Hair sticking in every direction giving him a roughish appearance. The little knowing smile dazzling everyone . .

My face fell.

"I wish he would confess his undying love to you! I saw it happening in Goblin: The lonely God! " Mia whispered fiercely but I wasn't listening to her.

My voice echoed in my ears, drowning everyone.

Yes, Dennis. It's a yes. .

His dark eyes were searching the crowd from the corridor and as soon as they landed on me, connected with mine. .his eyes darkened.

Even from this far , I could see the possessive glint in his eyes.

"He's coming for you!" Mia had that look on her face when a fan meets her favorite celebrity. Face to face. Spastic.

It was sickening.

Sickening to see how girls were ready to die if he asked them too.

His smile morphed into a full blown grin.

"I'm gonna pee !" Mia exclaimed excitedly as he came near us, girls giving me the you-bitch look.

I wish I could tell them to take him all. .I didn't need him at all. .

You do. . you're just in deniel. .

I kicked my heart to the curb.

He stopped near us, Mia exploding with excitement, he was grinning down at me while I leaned against my locker and had zero smile on my face.

Not once did his smile falter. .

It was like he was oozing confidence.

He glanced at Mia.

Mia's eyes bulged out behind her glasses.

He was about to open his mouth and say something to her when -

"I gotta pe-uh going to the Loo. See ya later!" She said her voice higher than usual as she hightailed out of here , leaving me to deal with the devil dressed ready to kill. .me.

His woodsy cologne was making its way in my body, drowning me . . pulling me in.

"What do you want?" I asked with a bored voice even though my heart was racing at the sight of him. .so close. .close enough to touch. .

"You. I want you. " He bit his lower lip concealing his smile, trying not to dazzle me.

As if!

I could see girls in my peripheral vision trying to edge closer and get all the juicy details so they can spread it around like a wild fire.