Body

A/N: This goes out to all my readers and friends who are struggling with self-esteem. Just know that you are loved by the One true King and that you are beautiful and so loved. Enjoy and have a glorious day my little rays of sunshine! <3 <3 <3 

"Keigooooooo! Come ooooooon! We're gonna be late!" you shouted from the door, hurriedly getting your shoes on.

"Coming, coming!" Keigo shouted from your room. "Just getting my shirt on."

"Why did you have to come home from work so late?" you whined.

"Because Endeavor wanted to talk to me about how nervous he is about being a grandfather since Shoto and Momo told him yesterday that they were expecting," Keigo explained. (you are welcome my fellow TodoMomo shippers! ;) )

"Wow! Didn't see that one coming! I didn't think he would share something like that with you," you deadpanned.

"Hey, he's warmed up to me a bit since we started working together," Keigo said, finally joining you at the door, wearing a black t-shirt and tan jeans. (my mind is going in overdrive mode picturing Hawks in that outfit :O )

You snorted at the pun, "Warmed up?"

"Oh, heh, heh, heh, okay pun not intended. Now let's get goin' darlin'," Keigo rumbled in your ear, taking your hand as the two of you walked out of your apartment.

You and Keigo were invited by your best friends from high school to join them for a night of playing Just Dance and karaoke. Your apartment was literally an 8-minute walk to the karaoke lounge, so you and Keigo decided to take your time and enjoy each other for a little bit.

"Y/n! Keigo!" you heard bf/n (best friend) call out your name when you walked into the lounge.

"Hey, bf/n!" You waved to him/her.

"You guys ready to sing and dance your hearts out?!" your bf2/n (best friend #2) asked.

"Better believe it!" Keigo smirked. "Y/n couldn't wait to get out the door," he pointed at you with his thumb.

"Well then come on! Let's go!" bf/n shouted.

Naturally, you wowed everyone with your mad singing skills when you sang f/s (favorite song), and Keigo was killing it on the dance floor when he was moving to Michael Jackon's Thriller. You danced like there was no tomorrow, and having a great time with your friends, but when you saw the videos of you dancing on the screen, what little balloon of confidence you had, popped. You loved to dance, but because you were a bit on the chubby side, you felt insecure. Everyone told you, you were great, and you were having fun, but that little feeling of self-doubt still gnawed at you in the back of your mind.

****************************

You guys were wiped from having a fun night with friends and were getting ready for bed. Keigo was finishing up his shower, while you were getting your pajamas on. You were changing your shirt when you caught a glimpse of your body in the mirror. You looked at your stomach, lightly touching all the light stretch marks on your body. "I don't remember having so many stretch marks on my skin," you thought to yourself.

Keigo walked out of the bathroom, a red robe wrapped around him. He stopped at the bathroom door and catches you looking at yourself, he just stood there, admiring the view of the woman he married, and loved so much, you didn't notice. After a bit, he had enough with admiring you, and came up from behind you and embraced you in his strong arms.

"My beautiful dove," he mumbled, nuzzling his golden head into your neck.

"Hey Kei," you sighed.

"What are you thinking about?" he sweetly asked you.

"Nothing."

"Y/n," he said in a firm voice, turning your body to face his. His index finger tilted your chin to make your e/c orbs meet his amber ones. "I know you baby bird. When you say nothing, you almost always mean something."  You look away from him, only to have him make you look up at him again. "Tell me my dove." There were so many years between you to know that you were not going to get out of this. You let out a sigh and began to tell him about how you were feeling.

"I was thinking about how I was looking when I was dancing tonight. I mean, I had fun and I love to dance, but I did not look graceful, I looked like a plump penguin trying to fly," you pouted. "I don't even know how you can even look at me with love in your eyes." Keigo tenderly cupped your face with his rough, callused hands and looked you deeply in the eyes.

"I love you for the beautiful woman you were created to be," he assured you. He took one of his hands from your face and touched your stomach. "I also know that this is the same body that holds the mind of the woman I love and shows signs of everything you have gone through in life, and with this body, you have given me a home and so much more. I know that this is the same body that we will build our future and legacy with together, and for that, I am forever grateful to this body and to you for loving me so much," your bird-like husband said lovingly.

You were close to tears as Keigo got down on his knees and started to kiss your stripped stomach. Your body tingled warmly and your heart soared with love, thanking the heavens for giving you such a man, that you have waited for so long for, to love. His kisses moved up your body, as he slowly made his way up from your stomach, shoulders, neck, face, then to your lips. You kissed so passionately until both of you were out of breath and the scene faded to black. Needless to say, you knew that you were so loved by Keigo and you loved him.