Chapter Three

"Who is he?" I asked, looking from Nessa to Logan. The name rang a bell but none too significant. "And why do you guys want me to seduce him?"

"He has something I want," Logan replied, moving back so he could rest his back against the fridge.

"Who is he?" I repeated the question.

"The Alpha of the Blue Moon pack," Nessa answered and my eyes widened in a mix of confusion and shock. I got off the marbled table.

"You guys are clowns," I concluded, ready to walk out of this shit show.

The Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack. The Blue Moon pack? Are they crazy or just high because at this point, I can't vouch for the mental sanity of either of these two. Not that I could vouch for it before but now, I just confirmed that these hoodlums are indeed deranged. Psychos!

"Nessa, are you on crack?" I questioned seriously, unable to hold back my thoughts.

"Hear us out," she pleaded, her tone soft and I understood that even she knew that she sounded crazy. "You failed at seducing Matthew. That was your mistake and the only reason that I didn't hold up my end of the bargain to give you your freedom. Now, you're being hunted by two very powerful men as well as your whole pack. You can't live with Logan and I forever - not that we are kicking you out but you just can't hide here forever and you know it,"

She was right. This pack was just not my style. It was not at all lavish and reminded me of the small villages that surrounded parts of my pack. I just couldn't stand the dull, boring lifestyle that this pack had to offer. I wanted to party at a club, drink, smoke, hook up randomly, shop, do some adventure sport, get a manicure, spend an outrageous amount of money on shoes I don't need. I want to simply live but in this pack and every other fucking Small Sized pack I've been unfortunate enough to visit, their idea of life is shifting, cooking and training.

I mean training is fun but what's the reward I get for kicking someone's ass here? Congratulations and a pat on the back? What utter rubbish! I need my shopping spree and unlimited cocktails. Also, I hate how in these Small Packs, everyone knows someone that knows someone. Basically, everyone knows everyone. If I don't know a certain person then sure as hell a friend of mine would know them. This makes killing people and one night stands really hard to do.

The pack system worked like this; packs were divided into three categories based solely on the population size and landmass. Based on these criteria, we had the Large-Sized Packs, the Middle Sized packs and the Small-Sized packs. There were fifteen packs in total (or at least until Logan over here did some cheating with the help of this witch Nessa and created a new pack right under everyone's nose). Now, there are sixteen packs in total and each has its own Alpha as well as way of life.

I love my pack. My Alpha, Kai may be a dick but his family definitely made my pack, the Shadow Night pack thrive. It was a Large-Sized pack and the second largest, coming second only to the Goldstone pack - Alpha Maddox's.

"So what does Alpha Enzo have to do with all you just said?" I questioned and Nessa looked at Logan.

"You want your freedom, Raven and Logan wants a specific heirloom, so to speak" Nessa explained.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "And what do you want?"

She doesn't respond for some time. When she does, my head spins a bit.

"For you to seduce Enzo in order for Logan to get the heirloom," she declares her intentions, crossing her arms over her chest definitely and Logan just watches us with a blank look on his face.

I shake my head. She's crazy. This Alpha Enzo or whoever he is unreachable even for me. He comes from the pack that was touched by the moon. The Blue Moon pack is the pack that everyone in my pack basically laughs at. It's the pack that we would all rather die first than step even one foot into. That pack is nuts. They run on some specialised moon coke. They have codes that are just so foreign to me that even just imagining them makes me feel nothing less than asphyxiated.