Chapter Eleven

My eyes darted up to Enzo's when he said that, not knowing what to expect. Tinley's nervous gaze also had me reasonably unsettled. Did Fleur happen to snitch to Enzo by any chance?

"Sure," I replied, not wanting to show even a single hint of reluctance in my voice.

"Come with me then," He said and stood up. In turn, also stood up. Enzo straightened out his white shirt and then turned towards the older lady and bowed his head to her. She smiled. Then he caressed the cheek of the toddler next to me. The toddler's mother smiled up at Enzo and Enzo's eyes glistened with what seemed to be affection.

Then Enzo looked at me, his dark eyes still soft.

I walked towards him, giving Tinley a parting glance then we both left the hall.

Walking out of the hall and through the house, I looked around, not knowing what else to do. I didn't know if I should speak to Enzo or not. Well, he's the one that wants to speak to me so I think that he should begin the conversation, not me. The last thing any girl ever wants to seem is too eager. I really hope he isn't on to me though. He couldn't be, could he?

I looked at the hallways we walked through, realising that this house was definitely huge. It was grand, having golden and blue tapestries, antique vases, tall windows and golden chandeliers in almost every corner. The lamps and candle holders also seemed to be made of pure gold and I stared down at my ring remembering that it too was gold.

The pack members that passed us were mostly girls and they all bowed their heads to Enzo who in turn, nodded his. They all seemed quite giddy to me.

Then, we got to where a huge portrait was hanging. It was a large portrait painting of Enzo. Except, in this one, Enzo had a prominent moustache. He stood in the painting with hair longer than he has now. It was so long that the loose ringlets stopped at his wrist, over his white shirt and I just stood there and stared at it. In this portrait, Enzo looked a bit different. His shirt was still oversized but it was more so? It seemed bigger and his pants seemed somewhat looser too. The background was a lovely sunset and I appreciated the precision of the painter. I always loved art. The strokes were subtle yet magnificent.

Yet, I couldn't get over Enzo's long hair and moustache. I felt like asking him why he kept his hair that long.

"You like this painting?" Enzo asked from beside me and I turned slightly to look at him then my eyes went back to the painting. For a moment, I was so lost in the painting that I forgot that he was even next to me at all.

"Yes," I responded, my eyes still delicately capturing every part of the painting. "I also like your long hair. It seems to be a trend here,"

Enzo's lips curled upward in a small smile. I watched him push back a small ringlet from his forehead. It stubbornly bounced back into place.

"Thank you for the compliment but that's not me," He said and my neck snapped towards him in an instant. I squinted my eyes at him then looked back at the painting then back at him again.

"Then, who?" I questioned. His father probably? Or don't tell me he's a twin too. Gosh, I've had enough of twins.

"That's my ancestor, Alpha Zyan. The first Alpha," He answered and my eyes took in the painting once more.

"Woah," I exclaimed. "The resemblance is uncanny,"

"So I've been told,"

The person in the picture, Zyan looks exactly like Enzo. Exactly! The only difference is the long hair and moustache but besides that, it's like staring at the mirror image of Enzo. Well, at least now I know that Nessa wasn't lying about Zyan being the first Alpha. But that still doesn't rule out the possibility that she might be lying about everything else. I really don't trust her.