Chapter 3

An ear-piercing scream startled Padmé out of her sleep. She opened her eyes in a heartbeat to see Anakin turning the ship to auto-drive and flinging his chair around to face Luke and Leia. She also spun her chair around and was startled by what she saw. Luke and Leia were both crying, and Luke was cradling his arm. Anakin, who had picked up Leia already, locked eyes with Padmé. He shrugged in confusion at her. She shrugged back at him in the same way before rushing over to Luke and unbuckling him from his car seat, then picking him up. He sniffed once before letting out a sob and stretching his right arm to the ground in an attempt to the lightsaber plushie that had fallen onto the floor nearly 3 hours ago. Padmé lent down to pick up the toy and quickly handed over to Luke who grabbed it and pulled it close to his body.

Noticing that he was still crying, Padmé gently picked up the pacifier that was attached to a clip-on his shirt and handed it to him. He looked at it in curiosity before placing it in his mouth. He lay his head down on Padmé's shoulder, slightly calming down but both parents could see that he was still very upset by the tears still flowing frequently down his face.

Padmé then had an idea, she quietly walked out of the room into another, one that had the top hatch opening button. She sat down on a chair that had been placed there in case somebody needed to work on the control panel then turned Luke around so he was facing her.

"Buddy, what's going on, why are you so upset?" She questioned gently as she rocked him back and forth on his knee. Luke looked at her quizzically for a moment, trying to register the question before he slowly pulled his pacifier out of his mouth.

"I was sleeping and Leia woke me." He stately simply. She continued to rock him back and forth and thought about what Luke had said. He was usually upset if Leia had woken him up, but her was never this upset. She looked back into Luke's blue eyes as Luke spoke up again. "She pinched me, she hurt Lukie's arm." Now that sounded like a better reason to be so upset. Padmé wondered why Leia was also crying. She watched as Luke very-gently rolled the sleeve of his left arm up, when he struggled a bit at the elbow she helped him. She was rolling the jumper sleeve and she immediately stopped when she saw the pinch mark. She placed a kiss onto Luke's forehead

If she had been pinched and left with that mark, she'd have cried out in pain, she wondered what it would've been like for an 18-month old to wake up by that.

She picked Luke back up and carried him through to the main area of the ship, where they had been before when she entered, Anakin and Leia were waiting in the middle of the room.

"I'm, assuming that you have the same story, the whole Luke pinched Leia thing, and I'm assuming Leia just burst into tears because of Luke's reaction?" Padmé whispered into Anakin's ear. Anakin nodded in reaction, and spoke up, although this time it was to Luke.

"Luke," Anakin said, getting the boy's attention, "Leia has something she would like to say to you." He finished.

"Yeah?" Luke sniffed, looking towards his twin sister.

"I'm sorry that I pinched you Lukie, I just wanted you to be awake again so that we could play together. I was bored. I'm really sorry." Leia whispered.

"It's ok Lei Lei," Luke whispered back.

From their parents' arms, they leant towards each other and hugged and the 2 parents sighed in fondness at their children.

The couple proceeded to place the 2 babies onto the ground, in a playpen, to play as they went back to finish the journey to Naboo.

For the remain 4 and a half hours of the trip, Luke and Leia either were colouring, sleeping or watching the television together on the one that was on the spacecraft's wall.

When it was finally time to get of the ship when they reached Naboo, Luke was carried by Anakin and Leia was carried by Padmé.

—————————

Anakin pushed a button on the side of the wall and the ramp off the ship started to lower to the ground.

"Uncle Obi, Uncle Jar-Jar!" Luke yelled excitedly, wriggling in Anakin's arms.

Anakin held on tightly to him as he walked down the ramp, Padmé soon following behind.

"How was the trip down here?" Obi-Wan asked Anakin as he took Luke from his arms. Both men watched as Luke stuffed his face into Obi-Wan's necked and breathed in his scent, humming in content.

"It was alright actually, we only had one major hiccup, and that was when Leia was so bored she pinched a sleeping Luke, my poor baby still has the mark. But luckily they're fine now and made up." Anakin replied. "How was your day Obi?" Anakin questioned politely.

"Eh, only got here so there hasn't really been anything going on yet that falls under the category of interesting. We did set up the room you'll be staying in though. Don't worry, we baby-proofed it and all that Ani." Obi replied. "I actually think that your little one has fallen asleep again, when you get inside you can put the crib I took nearly an hour making to good use," Obi-Wan added, handing a now-sleeping Luke back to his father.

When the family reached the place they were staying, which coincidentally was the place they got married in, Anakin used the force to open the door since his hands were full. He had also been using the force to pull the bags along as well.  When the door finally swung fully open. Anakin and Padmé gasped, Leia, mocking them. Padmé's spare hand went straight towards her mouth, as they took in the house. It was magnificent.