Chapter 5

Both men stopped dead in their tracks.

"Nothing!" They yelled. The voice belonged to Padmé. When all 3 boys looked to her they faltered, before bursting into laughter. Even Leia who was now in Padmé's arms burst into laughter

The family of 4 plus Obi-Wan then had breakfast before going out to meet Jar-Jar in the palace to talk and do stuff.

———————————

The rest of the week was the same, the talked to familiar faces and people fawned over Luke and Leia occasionally. Unfortunately, that soon came to an end.

Leia screamed as Anakin tried to take her from Jar-Jar's arms. Jar-Jar was trying to reassure her that he would come and visit soon.

Anakin was surprised that Luke was and calm as he was since he had been the one screaming the last time that they had to leave Naboo. This time she was still upset and crying but he was just sitting on Padmé's hip and resting his head on her shoulder as she spoke to Obi-Wan.

Both of the parents and Leia said their final goodbyes 15 minutes later and Leia continued to scream and cry. Luke would have said goodbye if he was still awake, Anakin realised that he had fallen asleep when he didn't respond to Obi-Wan's farewell. Anakin didn't overthink it as they had stayed up late last night so that Luke and Leia would sleep for part or all of the journey home.

That is why they also had decided to fly home during the night which was another reason that Luke could have fallen for.

———————

Anakin sighed as he strapped Leia into her car seat. He was still crying and sobbing loudly and if she wasn't careful she would end up waking Luke. And right now Anakin really didn't want to deal with 2 screaming toddlers right now. One was enough.

At least Leia was calming down now. Anakin handed her pacifier to her and she gently took it out of his hand. She placed it into her mouth and started to suck on it. This calmed her down even more and as the family jumped into light speed she fell asleep.

As soon as he could, Anakin turned the ship to auto-drive. He spun his chair around and turned to his sleeping babies. It was the normal time for them to go to bed so Anakin wasn't worried about them not sleeping tomorrow or anything like that. He got up out of his chair and quickly went to the bathroom, when he came back, Leia was starting stir, so he gently unbuckled her and brought her with him to his seat.

Her eyes fluttered open and she whined. She looked up at him before remembering the events that happened earlier that day. Her mouth opened and before Anakin could do anything she let out a large wail, waking up Padmé from her sleep. Anakin tried to shush her but to no avail. He nearly wanted to cry went he heard movement from behind him, and the second set of cries.

Padmé got up as soon as she heard Luke's cries and went over to him. She gently picked him up out of the car seat he was strapped into and laid him into her arms, rocking him ever so slightly. Anakin thought about what she was doing and decided to do the same. He got up gently and began to rock Leia in his arms. She was still crying after 15 minutes but at least the sobbing and wailing had stopped. Anakin looked over to Padmé. She was still swaying gently with Luke in her arms. Anakin could see that Luke was in something of a daze. He was no longer crying or upset but he wasn't sleeping just in a very light doze. His eyes were fluttering and he had his thumb in his mouth instead of his pacifier. Anakin looked back to Leia to see she was no longer crying and looked a lot happier.

"Wanna play." She mumbled. She turned her head and looked towards the playpen were her and Luke always played.

Anakin walked over to the playpen and gently lowered her into it. She sighed a cute sigh before pointing to Anakin. "You play to dada." She whined. Anakin knew that it was a statement but he found it funny that it sounded like a question.

Anakin carefully stepped over the short fencing and crouched down before sitting on the ground. Padmé quickly strapped Luke back into the car seat before she checked to make sure that the auto-drive setting was still on.

She then came over to the playpen as well and sat down next to Anakin.

"What're we doing." She asked playfully. Leia responded almost immediately.

"We're gonna colour." She responded handing crayons and a piece of paper to Anakin and Padmé. "Where's Luke? I got his favourite colouring page. Jar-Jar gave it to me and I saved it for him." She asked.

"Lukie's sleeping I'm afraid baby," Padmé answered, glancing back at the said toddler, who was sleeping peacefully in his car seat. She noticed that he still had the red cheeks and rosy nose that he had while he was his Naboo, since it was winter there, and she thought nothing of it.

She turned back to Anakin and Leia, who had already begun to colour. She grabbed one of the crayons and begun to colour the page in front of her.

Since they were travelling at a faster pace than last time when they flew to Naboo, now the flight time was shaved off by just over 3 hours. And since they had been flying for nearly an hour they only had just under 4 hours left.

————————

Luke slept basically the entire flight. His head lolled onto his left shoulder and Anakin smiled as he spun his chair around to start the landing process.

"5 more minutes," Padmé whispered. Anakin chuckled as his wife talked on about random things.

When the ship finally landed on the port outside their apartment, and they were about to switch the engine off and get out, there was a sickening splatter that came from behind them.