Chapter 10

The young boy calmed down as Anakin gently stroked his head. They sat down and Luke continued to watch the people passing and he slowly began to stop crying as Anakin gently whispered comforting words to him as they waited for the doctor. Anakin quickly grabbed a toy that he had brought and gave it to Luke, who immediately began to chew on the toy's ear. Luke calmed down significantly after that and Anakin and Obi-Wan were able to read magazines. When a doctor walked out of the area where all the patient consolation rooms were. Anakin looked up and put the magazine down as the doctor walked over to the group of 3. He sat down next to Obi-Wan and looked at them.

"Hey, I'm Doctor Murphy. But you can call me Andrew. You must be Mr Skywalker." He said, shaking Anakin's hand. He looked to Obi-Wan. "You must be Mr Kenobi." He said, shaking Obi-Wan's hand. Lastly, he looked at Luke, who was sleepily looking at the doctor. " And you must be Luke." He whispered, getting off the chair and crouching down in front of Luke and Anakin. Luke nodded. "I hear you are not feeling so good." He said, Luke, nodding in return. "Well, do you mind if I try to get you feeling better?" He asked, Luke, shook his head, so Anakin stood up.

"I'll stay here. Let me know if you need me." Obi-Wan explained. Anakin nodded and followed the doctor behind the double doors. Anakin bounced Luke as they went past the rooms and he shook from his fever and his fear. Anakin rubbed his back in a soothing way in an attempt to calm down the young boy. The two followed the doctor as he went down a corridor and into a room.

The room had had one of the cribs you would find in a hospital, a desk for the doctor, a heart monitor and a stack of shelves in the back that contain medical instruments. The doctor sat down and gestured for Anakin to place Luke on the bed, then to sit down on the chair. As Luke was put down, he whimpered. Anakin sighed, knowing that his son wanted him to hold him. He quickly reassured Luke that he would pick him back up before he sat down on the chair between the doctor and Luke.

"Do you mind if I take the onesie off, it'll be easier to take his temperature and get his heartbeat and all that jazz?" Andrew said, Anakin shook his head and the doctor wheeled himself in his chair over to Luke who was looking at him fearfully. "I'm not gonna hurt you."He comforted. Luke relaxed a tiny bit and didn't fight with Doctor Murphy when he tried to unbutton the onesie. Once he had unbuttoned the onesie and removed his arms from it, Andrew let it fall to the bed, revealing Luke's bare chest, stomach and back, including the tips of the current diaper he was wearing. Andrew carefully placed a digital tympanic thermometer into his ear. When it beeped, the doctor removed it, then looked at it. He tutted quietly and slid back to his desk, writing the number down on Luke's file.

"The receptionist said that he was vomiting and had a fever. Is there anything else that I should know? Have any more symptoms come up? " Dr Murphy asked.

"Uh, yeah, he had diarrhoea yesterday. But nothing has happened this morning that I'm aware of. No vomiting or anything. But that come just be because it 10:15 in the morning." Anakin replied.

"Yeah, there's no way to tell what's going to happen yet." The doctor replied. Andrew looked towards Luke, who had decided to lay down on the bed. His eyes were shut and he was still shivering. Andrew slid back over to Luke, gently placing the metal stethoscope on his chest. Luke flinched and his eyes fluttered open as he whined. Anakin brushed his fingers through his golden hair and Luke calmed down. "Alright. The heart rate is a little bit elevated, which could be because he is sick, or because he is still very young. Either way, I'm not too concerned about that. But what I am concerned about is his temperature. When the receptionist told me, she said that Luke's temperature was 100.7, but now it has climbed and is at 102.8." Andrew explained. "In my opinion, I think that he just has the stomach flu, but if it reaches 104 I would suggest bringing him back here or better yet taking him to the emergency area." He said. Anakin sighed, Luke had always gotten sicker more often and the doctors didn't know why. His young boy was suffering and he couldn't do anything about it.

"Yeah ok, that's ok," Anakin replied, voice wavering.

"I would suggest lots of fluids, medicine and plenty of rest. If he's still sick in a week and a half bring him back here or again, take him to the hospital." The doctor informed Anakin.

The doctor slid back to right the information on Luke's file, and Anakin carefully got up, hearing his bones and joints crack and pop, the cons of getting older. He carefully walked over to his sleeping son and gently pulled his arms through the sleeves of the onesie before buttoning it up. Then, picking him up Anakin thanked the doctor and walked out. Pushing open the double doors, he walked to the reception desk and paid for the appointment. He walked over to Obi-Wan and flicked him on his cheek.

"Get up Obi!" He whispered-yelled to the dozing man in front of him. Obi-Wan jumped into awareness and flicked Anakin in return on his arm.

"Technically, I'm still your master, but ever since you have been granted the rank of a master you haven't needed to call me that." Obi-wan chuckled. Anakin rolled his eyes.

"We have to go fetch Leia. Daycare finishes in an hour and 45 minutes for her, and it'll take us an hour and a half to get there. After you drop me and Luke at home. " Anakin grumbled, lifting Luke higher onto his hip. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes at Anakin from pushing himself out of the chair. "Oldie," Anakin whispered under his breath.

"Says the one with a son."