Chapter 4

The house was spectacular, it had a breathtaking view onto the laker of Naboo, and it was amazingly furnished. Obi-Wan and Jar-Jar both smirked as they left the family of 4 to get settled into the house for their weeklong stay.

"Oh my God." The couple whispered to each other. The walked into the house and explored it, Anakin was mainly looking for the kids' bedroom so that he could put Luke down to continue sleeping. Once he found it, he placed Luke into the crib nearest to the door. After that, he brought the bags up to his and Padmé's room.

Afterwards, he went downstairs to see Leia playing with a baby doll set that was in the house before they had gotten in there. She was playing in the corner while Padmé read a book on the luxurious plush couch in the centre of the living room.

Anakin sat down next to her and lay his head down on her shoulder.

"Tired?" She chuckled. Anakin nodded, shutting his eyes and burying his head into her neck. He breathed in her scent and sighed. "Go to bed. It's getting late, I'll take Leia up to bed in a minute. I'm assuming that Luke is already sleeping." Padmé finished, Anakin nodded, getting up and rubbing his eyes.

"He's just sleeping in the clothes that he wore today. He fell asleep on Obi-Wan and I took him straight up." Anakin replied.

"That's fine. I'll change him when I put Leia down. Go up to bed. Now. You're clearly exhausted." She muttered, pushing Anakin towards the staircase. Once he had gone upstairs she quickly finished the page she was reading before putting the book down. She walked over to Leia, who was still playing in the corner and sat down next to her.

"Hey Lei Lei. What're you doing?" Padmé questioned. Leia responded almost immediately.

"Playing dollies." She mumbled through her pacifier that was currently occupying her mouth. "It's their bedtime now." She continued, "They gotta go to bed now." She finished

"Well guess who else's bedtime it is now?" Padmé asked. Leia looked up to her and her chocolate brown eyes pierced into her ones.

"Who's?" She asked.

"It's your bedtime, Leia. You also gotta go to bed now." Padmé whispered. Leia's face fell.

"Can I at least put my dollies in their beds?" She questioned. Padmé nodded.

She quickly put the dolls in their assigned beds as Padmé watched fondly. When she was down she looked towards Padmé.

"I'm already mummy." She murmured, Padmé stood up quickly before bending back down to pick the 18-month-old up. She carried Leia up before taking her into the shared bathroom. She quickly changed her diaper before taking her into her bedroom. Padmé opened one of the suitcases and grabbed a floral footed onesie. She gently changed Leia into the onesie and placed her into the unoccupied crib before saying goodnight. Then she went over to the crib where her son was asleep. She carefully picked him up, trying not to wake him and put him on the changing table. She also changed his diaper before she put him in a beige set of pyjamas that had lightsabers on them. Afterwards, she placed him back into the crib and kissed him lightly on the forehead. She looked on Leia to see that she was already asleep before she left the room and went to hers and Anakin's. She stepped into it to see Anakin laying on the bed looking at the roof with his hands behind his head. She immediately knew that he was thinking about something important to him so as she was getting dressed into her pyjamas she spoke up.

"Ani, what're you thinking about?"

"Just how glad I am that the council allowed me to have a relationship with you and to be able to have this family." He replied after a minute. Padmé climbed into the bed. " I love you and this family so much." He muttered after 10 minutes.

"I love you and this family to Ani."

—————————

The next morning Anakin woke up before Padmé. He quietly walked down the hall to the stairs when he heard giggling coming from his kids' room.

He gently opened the door to see Luke standing up, swinging his lightsaber plush like a Jedi would, and laughing.

"Luke, What are you doing?" Anakin whispered trying not to laugh. There was no sound coming from Leia's crib expect tiny snores so Anakin knew that she was still asleep.

"Playing Jedi," Luke responded, still giggling. Anakin had to bite his tongue to stop himself from laughing.

"Can we play downstairs, you can do that and also help me make breakfast for the family," Anakin whispered, Luke nodded, so Anakin went over and grabbed Luke under his armpits and set him down on his hip. he shut the door and went downstairs, placing Luke on the couch so that he could see him from where he was going to make breakfast.

Unlike their house in Coruscant in which the kitchen was in a separate room to the living area, the kitchen was in the same room as the living area at this house. This meant that Anakin could keep an eye on Luke as he made breakfast.

Anakin looked over 5 minutes after he had started to see Luke playing a game with the lightsaber again. This time he was making proper noises and running around on the couch, falling onto it now and again but getting up without any hassle.

Anakin went back to cooking the eggs and right before he actually put the eggs on the stove there was a knock on the door.

He walked over to the door and opened in revealing Obi-Wan. They greeted each other and Anakin let him inside.

"How are you doing, need help operating anything," Obi-Wan questioned.

"We're doing great, thanks for asking, and no, we do not need help operating anything, I think we have the hang of everything," Anakin replied. He quickly turned Obi-Wan's head so that he could see Luke. Both men started laughing when he fell over, but this time he heard them. Luke got back up and put his hands down, walking over to the side of the couch. He put his hands on hips before speaking up.

"What?" He sassed. Both men laughed even louder until another voice broke the silence.

"What's going on here?"