Chapter 7

"How sick is Luke?" Obi-Wan questioned, sitting down in a chair by the counter in the kitchen.

"We don't really know yet. We got home and Anakin gave him a bath. But by the time he was out of it he was practically asleep. He hasn't thrown up again yet though. So that's good," Padmé replied. Obi-Wan nodded and continued.

"How is Leia?" He questioned. "She looked pretty upset when you had to leave last night."

"She's better now, she calmed down enough to fall asleep a little while into the flight, but she woke up again not that long after and started to cry again, so much that it woke Luke up and he also began to cry. I also realised that I was kinda dumb for not realising that Luke was getting sick when he barely said goodbye to you guys." Padmé chuckled. "Anyway, do you want lunch? I'm making for Leia and I but I assume there will be enough for you. Ani's not having any cause he's asleep with Luke upstairs." Padmé offered. Obi-Wan nodded and quickly thanked her before she got back to work on making the lunch. They spoke for a while on random topics as she made lunch. After a little while, Padmé looked over to the clock on their wall.

"Hey, Obi?" She questioned. He looked up from the article he was reading on a data-pad.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Do you mind going and waking Leia up and maybe checking on Anakin and Luke at the same time? I really want Leia to sleep tonight." She asked.

"Yeah sure, that's fine." He responded getting up from his seat. Having known Anakin for just over 15 years, he knew the house that he lived in very well. Obi-Wan walked to the stairs before jogging up to the top. He walked over to Anakin and Padmé's bedroom and cracked open the door. The two boys were no longer sleeping and Anakin was reading to Luke, who was drinking from a bottle. Knowing that he wouldn't be intruding if they were awake, he stepped fully inside. Luke looked up from the picture book with Anakin following close behind.

"When did you get here?" Anakin questioned, as Luke lay his head back to on his chest. The baby breathed in the scent before sighing contently and shutting his eyes.

"Not long ago, maybe an hour," Obi responded. "How's Luke?"

"He seems better, he's still tired and lethargic but you can never know what to expect from this kid when he is sick," Anakin muttered. "He hasn't thrown up again though. I got a bucket on standby though. Just in case."

Obi-Wan snorted out a laugh.

"Anyway, Padmé just wanted me to check on you. I got to go wake Leia up for lunch, you can join us if you want. Padmé says there is enough for 4 adults." Obi-Wan said. An akin nodded and Obi-Wan slid back out of the room.

Anakin looked at his sick child. Luke's face was as white as a sheet and he still looked grumpy and sad. The boy looked back up at him and hiccuped, what was left of the colour in his face, draining. Anakin sighed and gently sat the baby up. He grabbed the tiny bucket he had placed by the side of his bed and put it in front of Luke.

"Feel icky." He cried, fisting his eyes before he gagged and retched unproductively. He sobbed and screamed he continued to retch and gag before he finally brought something up. The milk he had drunk not that long ago can out of his mouth and Luke screamed again, crying and crying. The gagging and retching got so bad that the next time Luke threw up, less than a minute later the retch was so forceful that the vomit came out of his nose. The toddler held onto Anakin's pyjama pants as he threw up and finally 10 minutes later, he flopped back into Anakin's arms, sobbing and crying. Anakin grabbed a tissue of his bedside table and gently rubbed Luke's face clean. His mouth and vomit around it, his eyes were red and puffy, tear tracks streaked his face and his nose was running. Anakin cleaned his face as best as he could for a balling toddler, and when he was down he placed it onto the bedside table, deciding to get rid of it later. He was also glad that he had managed to get all the vomit in the bucket as it meant he didn't have to change his and Padmé's bedding. He looked to his distressed son and gently got out of the bed, rocking him slightly.

"Want Lei Lei," He mumbled after he had calmed down a little bit. Anakin nodded, gently taking Luke out of his bedroom. He gently made his way down the stairs and towards the living room. He could already hear laughter, babbling and talking coming from the said room so he assumed they were having a good time. He carefully pushed the door opened and saw that the three people were playing a game. Nobody looked up when he came in so he just went and sat next to Padmé. When she felt the couch dip next to her she looked over, 2 more sets of eyes following.

"Hey, guys." She whispered quietly, rubbing Luke's arm gently as he looked at her with glassy, unfocused eyes. "Definitely got a fever now." She mumbled to Anakin.

"Hey, Lukie," Leia said, happiness in her voice as she reached out towards her brother.

"Careful with him Leia, he is unwell," Anakin warned as he placed Luke gently on the floor in front of the tv as Leia toddled over to him.

"He icky?" Leia questioned looking back at her parents. Padmé nodded, turning the tv on, then changing it to a kids channel before turning it down. Leia sat down next to her brother, who was lying propped up by a pillow. She gently gave him a hug before postponing herself in the same way that Luke had.

Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padmé looked at each other before Anakin spoke up.

"I'm gonna take Luke to the medical centre tomorrow," Anakin said.

"I was going to say that too and ask if you would do it because I have to go to work and you don't work tomorrow," Padmé spoke. "It's also a good time because the twins have daycare. We both know that Leia has an extremely strong immune system so she probably won't get sick and Luke already can't go. It fits perfectly with our schedule."

"If you want I can drop Leia at daycare and meet you at the medical centre Anakin." Obi-Wan offered. "I can also come by in the morning to help with getting her ready cause I know that you have to go to work early Padmé. And I know how hard it will be for Anakin to get one toddler ready while the other one is crying and vomiting."

"Thanks, Obi, that's so sweet of you." Both parents responded immediately.

"It's the least I can do," Obi-Wan said.

Once they had finished the conversation, they looked towards the twins. They were no longer watching the tv, now they were sleeping on the ground in front of the pillows together.