Chapter 12

Obi-Wan flew toward the daycare centre that Luke and Leia had been enrolled into nearly 4 months ago. He hoped that Luke was okay, as he had seen how he looked. Once he landed at the daycare facility, he got out of the ship, wandering into the main entrance. He walked into the room that Leia's class was in and smiled. He could see her playing with one of her friends, Landon. The 2 kids looked a bit odd without Luke as he was so rambunctious and destructive. It just looked too quiet in the corner they were in. Obi-Wan took in the scene. By the looks of it, they were playing house, as Leia was pushing a pram and Landon was supposedly cooking their dinner. Leia suddenly stopped pushing and walked around to the doll that was in the pram. She got a blanket from the basket underneath and placed it on the baby doll. As she was getting back up, here's caught a glimpse of Obi-Wan. She barrelled at him with so much speed that a 1 and a half-year-old could have, Obi-Wan thought Wan thought that she might fall over. She ran towards him and he bent down, embracing her as she got to him. He hugged her, and stood up with just his arms around her back, he spun her around before placing her back on her feet. She started to giggle uncontrollably and Obi-Wan smiled at the young girl. He picked her back up before walking over to the teacher. He tapped her on the shoulder and she spun around, smiling when she saw Leia.

"Are you ready to go home Leia?" She asked. Leia shook her head.

"We're not going straight home, we go get present for Lukie." She mumbled.

"Oh, yes, that's right." She said, now eyeing Obi-Wan. "Luke's sick, how is he?" She asked.

"He's not much better yet. We took him to the medical centre earlier today and the doctor said he is suffering from a bad stomach flu. He also gave us some advice on how to treat it." Obi-Wan explained. The teacher nodded.

"Hopefully he'll be back with us soon." She said. " Tell him I hope that he feels better." She said. Obi-Wan nodded and thanked her, before saying goodbye. "Bye. Obi-Wan, bye-bye Leia." She said with a wave of her hand.

"Bye-bye," Leia whispered, coping the teacher as she waved her hand.

Obi-Wan then walked over to the cubby section in the room and walked over to Leia's cubby hole. He picked up her bag and sip cup filled with water and slung them over his shoulder, having put the sip cup in the side pouch of the bag. From there, he signed Leia out of the facility and walked over to where he had parked the ship. Opening it, he walked up the ramp and placed Leia's bag in a pouch by her chair, before he strapped Leia into her car seat. Then he walked over to the pilot's chair and strapped himself in, starting up the engines.

"Alright, Leia, where do you want to go to get Luke's present?" He asked. "Do you want to go to the toyshop near home?" He continued, Leia nodded her head, before leaning it onto the side of the car seat and shutting her eyes.

"Tired." She mumbled. Obi-Wan nodded.

"Okay Leia, you can take a nap, it'll take us round about an hour to get there." He said, knowing that the toyshop was further away from the daycare centre than Anakin and Padmé's house.

As Obi-Wan flew to the shop, Leia didn't fall asleep and just looked out of the window closest to her. She thought about Luke and what he might want, and after nearly 50 minutes of flying, Leia finally figured out what she wanted to get him.

"Uncle Obi, I know what I want to get Luke." She stated. Obi-Wan looked at her through a mirror.

"Yeah, what?" He questioned, smiling at how firmly she was looking at him.

"I wanna get him a toy plane to play with along with a lollipop. I know that he will really like one of those." She stated firmly.

"Good idea Leia. I'm sure he'll want one of those." He replied, because, Leia was right. Luke did love planes and spacecraft. In fact, he was going to get Luke something along the lines of that for Christmas, which was in 6 months.

Obi-Wan pulled out of the air traffic, and sped down a lane, before landing on a port just above the toyshop. Leia squealed in delight and began to strain against the straps holding her into the car seat.

"Alright, I'm coming," Obi-Wan said as he unbuckled himself from his seat before doing the same with Leia. He walked out of the ship, before walking off the spaceport and into the street, Leia gripping his shoulder tightly. He crossed the street and walked along the sidewalk until he reached the shop.

The bell dinged as he entered the shop, and once the door was shut, he placed Leia on her feet. She wobbled at first, before catching her balance and running off in the direction of the transport toys. The owner looked to her before his eyes travelled to him.

"Back so soon Obi?" The owner, Jensi, asked. "And where's Luke?"

"Ah, now that is the thing. I'm back so soon Jensi because Luke is unwell and Leia wants to get him a present." Obi-Wan explained. Jensi nodded. "I better go check on her."

Obi-Wan left and walked over to where Leia had run off to. He turned a corner and found Leia in the plane section of the transport area. She was looking at all the planes.

"Need any help bubba?" Obi-Wan chuckled. Leia looked at him, before reaching up to a tiny that she couldn't get. Obi-Wan picked her up and took her closer to where she wanted to be. She gently plucked a toy off the shelf and handed into Obi-Wan.

"I want this one for Lukie, Uncle Obi." She mumbled. Obi-Wan looked at the toy, it was a plane that had wheels on the bottom and if you pulled it back and let it go, it would speed off. He also looked at the colours, which were, red, blue, gold and green. He then flipped the toy around and looked at the price, because it was relatively big, like the size of Obi-Wan's hand, it cost 18 credit.

"Yeah, this one looks good, good job on the colours, by the way. Did you know that Luke liked these colours?" Obi-Wan asked. Leia nodded her head.

"Can we get the candy now Uncle Obi?" Leia asked, fingers in her mouth.

"Ah, yes the lollipop, how could I forget," Obi-Wan stated, wiping a hand across his brow jokingly, before removing Leia's hand from her mouth and wiping it down with a baby wipe.

He placed Leia back down on the ground and the little girl ran off to the candy section of the store. Obi-Wan followed slower, chuckling as he did so. From where he was standing, nearly 10 metres away, he could practically see Leia drooling over the candy. He walked up to her as she got 2 lollipops out of the jar they were in.

"Can I please get one to Uncle Obi, please?" She whispered, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"What do you think you are, a Jedi? I thought the trip here was about Luke. Not you, but okay, yes, you can get a lollipop for yourself." He said. Leia squealed, before reaching her arms up for Obi-Wan. He picked her up, before heading over to Jensi. Jensi smiled as they walked over.

"Just these 3 today please," Obi-Wan said politely, placing the 3 items on the counter in front of him. Jensi scanned them before announcing the price.

"That will be 20 credits please." He said. Obi-Wan handed the required amount of credit over to Jensi. "Goodbye, thanks for coming, see ya soon." Jensi chuckled as they walked towards the door. Leia looked towards Jensi and waved a small hand as she and Obi-Wan left the shop.

The walked back down the sidewalk, before crossing the street and heading up the ramp to the spaceport.

Just as he was buckling Leia into the car seat, she spoke up.

"Can I have the lolly now please?" She asked. Obi-Wan looked at the time.

"Okay, but only because you ate lunch at daycare." He said, unwrapping the lolly and handing it to Leia. She mumbled something that sounded like thank you to Obi-Wan as he started up the ship and took off.

Not even 10 minutes later, Obi-Wan landed the ship onto the Skywalker's spaceport attached to their house. He picked up Leia, who was still sucking on her lollipop, before grabbing her bag. Then, taking her out of the ship he walked towards the door that led to the elevator of the building he was on. He walked into the elevator and let Leia push the button that sent them towards the penthouse, where she lived.

Once the elevator had reached the top floor Obi-Wan stepped out of the elevator and headed towards the door. With the spare key he had taken earlier, he unlocked the door to the house.