Chapter Nine

(AN: surprise early update, maybe it was because of Halloween, idk)

Tobirama was standing next to a pedestal in the town square. "Gather round, gather round. Come see the live execution of the only nine-tailed Uchiha there is!"

Many people hesitated, for the Senju was mostly a kind clan. But they eventually decided they would make an exception for their enemy.

--

Izuna Uchiha. The only thirteen-year-old Uchiha without his Kitsune features at the time. He had long spiky hair, much like his older brother, Madara, except it was swept into a ponytail.

Oh, how the boy longed for tall fox ears, big red horns, even one tail would do! Anything to get the older boys to stop making fun of him. He wanted to fight! He was strong, stronger than most in the branch family. Yet, he was called the runt. The small, non-fox runt. But he was skilled with his blade. Kuwa was generous. The soon-to-be clan leader's little brother was allowed to fight, but just because of Madara. Izuna hated it. He wanted to fight for himself! He was even jealous of Madara. But, ever since Madara turned thirteen, he stopped fighting. Izuna didn't know why, but it gave him opportunities. For that, he was thankful.

But now, Madara was nowhere to be found. Obviously, Izuna cannot drink. He went to the ceremony, and it just descended into chaos from there. He was one of the only children there. Most of the younger ones came, because of their parents, but there weren't many of them. All of the Uchiha his age just stayed in their homes. But Izuna didn't want to, he wanted to see his brother become the clan leader. But Madara had disappeared. They didn't even get to the coronation, where Madara would officially become the leader.

Now, Izuna was worried sick. His parents were still recovering, so he decided he would act on his own. Now, this would be pretty easy, because of his lack of features. Never had he been so grateful for it. All he had to do was wear a hood.

He snuck into the village, getting a couple strange looks from the Senju, but there weren't many around. He had learned about the Senju, but he had never got to fight them. Apparently there were many of them, much more than he saw. 'I wonder why there seems to be so little of them.' Izuna thought. The only thing he could think of was a massacre by the Uchiha. But he probably would've heard about that.

He walked around a bit more, seeing no more than three Senju in one place at a time. Then, he saw a group of five Senju, all maybe a bit older than him, running in front of him. They paid him no mind, only laughing as they rushed by.

"C'mon, we're gonna miss it!" One of them yelled at their friend.

"I know, I know!" they laughed.

Izuna didn't want to draw attention to himself, so he didn't ask them anything. But he could only wonder. . .

What was it