Chapter 15

There was so much going on it was hard to keep track of which sword was which. It didn't help that it was dark now, so the only light was from the shops in the street that were still open.

"Bet you wish he'd help you out with a little fire blast right now," Jet continued.

"Jet, stop! You don't know what you're talking about!" I yelled, pushing through the crowd and exiting the shop.

Jet swiped low with one of his swords and Zuko pinned it onto the ground with one of his own, "You're the one that needs help," Zuko growled. They were both down to one sword each now.

While Jet was caught off guard by having one of his swords gone, Zuko spun towards him, slicing his sword in the air. Jet bent backwards to avoid the slice. It was so close that the dumb plant Jet had sticking out of his mouth was cut in half.

Once the swords were clear of Jet, he jumped backwards quickly onto a well near the middle of the market.

"You see that? The fire nation is trying to silence me! It'll never happen."

"Stop it, you're going to get hurt!" I yelled at him just as he used his sword to swing himself off of the well and towards Zuko again, feet first this time. Zuko turned sideways out of the way, and Jet slid back on his feet when he landed.

There was a crowd now, this isn't good. I thought the plan was to lay low. I looked back to them, they were back to back now, still somehow fighting each other, turning in either direction to clang swords together. I could tell Zuko was getting frustrated, he was grunting a lot more now.

Suddenly there was a part in the crowd, and two men with black robes and black hats walked through.

"Drop your weapons," the first one said.

Oh great. They must be some kind of guards.

After a few more swings, Zuko and Jet separated.

"Arrest them, they're firebenders!" Jet pointed at Zuko and Iroh.

"Don't listen to him, he's gone crazy!" I shouted back.

"This poor boy is confused. We're just simple refugees," Iroh added.

"This young man wrecked my tea shop and assaulted my employees!" Pao said from behind me, making me jump. I didn't even realize he had followed us all the way down here.

It's true sir, we saw the whole thing," one of the guards from the tea shop said, "This crazy kid attacked the finest tea maker in the city."

"Oh that's very sweet," Iroh laughed and blushed. What a humble old man.

"Come with us, son," The two men in black robes walked up behind him on either side.

Jet swung his one sword at one of them, and the man caught it with his hand, and twisted his arm backwards behind his back, while the other man did the same. Somehow they restrained his hands there, they must be earthbenders.

"You don't understand, they're fire nation, you have to believe me!" Jet pleaded as they dragged him away.

Everyone slowly started to walk away, and as the crowd cleared, I saw Smellerbee and Longshot walk away with their heads down.

I walked up to Zuko, "Are you alright?"

He nodded silently, and walked to the guard, handing him back his sword. He then turned and walked in the direction of our place.

I looked over at Iroh, concerned. He nodded to me to go follow him, and he headed in the direction of the tea shop. I turned and walked quickly, trying to catch up with Zuko. I had just turned the corner on the street of our place, I saw him walk inside and leave the door open. He must have somehow known that I would have been right behind him. I walked in a shut the door behind me. I listen quietly, waiting to see if he was going to have any bursts. After a few moments of silence, I walked cautiously to our room, and leaned up against the door frame. I crossed my arms and looked at him, he was laying down on the bed, his arms spread in either direction, staring up at the ceiling.