Chapter 14

At the outskirts of Miruzo City, a young man was there while staring at the pond of water that has formed after the rain.

[Uoohhh!!!] a thin pillar of water then rose up from the pond, but collapsed after a few seconds.

{Learned New Magic Skill"Water Magic: level 1"}

[At least for starters i am now able to control water, okay! Let's do the others—] it was me, i was currently experimenting my newly obtained magic skills. As they say, experience is something you can gain, and the skill will improve if you have it.

Putting my hand in front, i then gather mana at my hand and...

[Freeze!] the pond then becomes solid from liquid. Ice was spreading quickly over the pond and covered it in an instant.

Magic sure defies physics in many ways, but in here it is a natural phenomenon used by people in their daily lives. They used it to cook, clean, to do business, to put justice and to rule over the land.

Simply, magic is essential in everyone's daily lives. That also applies to me too.

Gathering mana in my hand, it then slowly transforms into a torrent of strong wind.

[Wind Bullet!] a semi-transparent green projectile shot out of my finger similar with how i used fire magic "Fire Bullet" before, it traveled so fast that I cannot even see its distinct magical trail.

*Dokun!*

The tree whom i chose as a target was blowed into splinters as the wooden debris have also scattered at the area. The Wind Bullet's punch is not a joke, if i were to use that on a person.....a gruesome image only comes out of my mind.

*Splat!*

Uhhh.......i think I'll use other magic spells for dealing with bad people. But come to think of it, most magicians who happen to be adventurers commonly use their magic to subdue monsters and bandits, hence i should do the same too.

Experimenting my magic took up my time as it was already noon. Taking out some fried bread fritters, i then popped it to my mouth since those are bite size goodies. Delish~

I also noticed that my behavior had reverted to that of a 15 year old teenager boy. It was noticeable during the times i had but food from stalls or during the time i ate something delicious once in a while.

Mah— at least that's that, what i need to do right now is my priority after all.

Just as the usual stroll at the forest somewhere at the NE from Miruzo City, i have decided that i should take a breather once in a while. I have been cooped up with fighting for the past days, right now i decide to take a rest. So today is day for experiments. Since it is also fun to do experiments once in a while.

Opening inventory, i then took out the 9 rings that i have found at Veriton Dungeon:
•ring of stealth
•ring of vitality
•ring of accuracy
•ring of haste
•ring of might
•ring of awareness
•ring of protection
•ring of elements
•ring of arcane energy

They all were made with gold and had different gens embedded on them. This somehow looks like the cursed rings back at Lord Of The Ring(My...precioussss-)

And a certain iconic side character pops out of my mind. Just to be safe, i appraised all and there are no curse nor any defect at the rings which made me feel glad.

The individual names of the rings stand out based on the las part of their name; example, ring of accuracy increases the accuracy of magic attacks, physical attacks and ranged physical attacks. Though some are quite confusing, the ring of awareness can allow the user to detect a presence behind a wall or a door, the ring of stealth grants the user stealth as long as the user is hidden in the dark, the ring of arcane energy allows the user to replenish their depleted mana quickly, and etcetera.