Scary Story

The cold wind brushed on by while Sam, his mother, and 6-year-old sister entered the carnival grounds.

"Mom, can you explain why we had to come here?" Sam Flass complained, he would rather die than be here. It was October in New York City and the local park was hosting a Halloween Fair. Perfect for something to go wrong.

"Come on Sam!" She replied. Sam rolled his eyes and his little sister ran in front of the two, "Suzie!" their mother called, "Don't go running off too far!"

Suzie looked back then stopped in front of the entrance of the Halloween Fair, the sky above was cloudy but the air did not smell like rain. Sam was wearing a dark red jacket with white lettering saying 'LOVER' and black pants, not very colorful as his mother put it; while she was wearing a white shirt with a red scarf and light blue jeans and Suzie was wearing a pink shirt with white pants. All the members of the family were blond with white skin.

As the three family members entered they looked around at all the lively colors and fun games at the booths.

Sam blinked then saw his mother grab his little sister as she was about to run off and... Like always his mother finds an old friend.

Sam's mother gasps, "Charlotte?! Is that you?"

The red-haired lady turned around gasped, then waved at the threesome family.

"Nice to see you again Flass'. Oh, Sam, you've gotten taller since the first time I saw you!" She patted Sam's head who grumbled under his breath.

"Sam, can you watch Suzie while Charlotte and I catch up?" Sam's mother didn't wait for an answer as she continues to talk to her friend.

Sam complains under his breath but looks at Suzie who is standing a few feet away.

Sam sighs then looks around thinking she couldn't possibly go far. He noted that the gray clouds were thin but it still brought a cold autumn breeze and small red leaves to pass by.

Sam glances past where Suzie supposed to be, then looks back and realizes she wasn't there. He looks around but she wasn't in sight, Sam looks up at his mom who has not discovered her child was gone.

Sam quickly ran about to try and find his sister. He rushed through crowds of people and trying to find a trace of her.

He finally found himself at the edge of the fairgrounds and saw Suzie running into a haunted house.

The house didn't seem all that out of the ordinary; the house was a plain old gray stone with shattered windows, a black roof, was three stories tall, and some kind of weird vibe surrounding it.

Sam shook his head to focus on the task at hand, 'getting his sister.'

He saw Suzie and her bright pink shirt run into the house. Sam called her name in anger, "Suzie! Come back!"

She didn't hear him then disappeared on the other side of the door. Sam groans then follows after her.

He notices the door is like a castle's door, thick gray wood going vertically down, one after another. When he opens the door or tries to, the doorknob is picky with which way to open it (such as, a little more to the right, no that too much), and not only that but when he pulls it, it's extremely heavy. Sam thought the doors to his school were heavy but these were why past that level.

Sam had a random thought in his head just then. Sam had learned in a fire safety lesson that fire doors are made to be heavy so that the fire does go past the door. If this door to the Haunted House is the same way, it could be for fires or... there trying to keep something in.

Sam thought that was ridiculous and continued.

He had only taken two steps into the haunted house before it looked, different.