hellish ; seven

tw: descriptions of a panic attack in first half of chapter

you chose:
b) ignore it

* * *

Wooyoung stared at the phone in his hand, biting his lip so hard it nearly bled. The device continued to ring, heightening his anxiety with every second that passed.

Jongho's call had caught him off-guard, yet Wooyoung would've picked it up if he were anywhere else. But Seonghwa was right there, standing only a couple inches away. He was so quiet Wooyoung couldn't even hear him breathe.

The call finally stopped, and the screen faded to black. Guilt shot through Wooyoung like a dozen bullets as he shoved the phone into back pocket, hoping with all his heart that Jongho wouldn't be mad at him for what he'd just done.

"Why didn't you pick up?"

Seonghwa's voice alarmed Wooyoung even when he'd been aware of the older man's presence the entire time.

Wooyoung swallowed thickly, staring right ahead to avoid locking eyes with Seonghwa, who was undoubtedly still watching him. "Ah, well, I just don't feel like talking to anyone on the phone right now."

"But, you'd been texting him before, right?" Goosebumps scattered across Wooyoung's back at how close Seonghwa had gotten, the low, whispery timbre of his voice filling his senses like perfume. "Jongho, right? Your friend from uni?"

Wooyoung froze. God, this was just like the incident that happened in his room all over again. Seonghwa wasn't touching him, but he was there. Lips beside Wooyoung's ear, body heat igniting the surface of his skin.

He felt cornered, stuck -- like Seonghwa had chained him under some spell.

Wooyoung inhaled a shaky, uneven breath. Saccharine lemon filled the heated atmosphere like incense.

He flinched, heart leaping to his throat as he felt Seonghwa's warm fingers sliding into his palms, intertwining them. Oh my god.

Wooyoung flipped himself around, his sudden movement taking the older man aback. Using that to his advantage, Wooyoung stepped away, finally able to breathe properly again.

Seonghwa took a step forward, only for the younger to raise his hand, stopping him. "Wooyoung -- "

"Please, don't come closer," Wooyoung said, hands pushing through his hair and scratching his neck. His head was spinning, pounding with a million racing thoughts, and hell, he felt as if his heart was about to splatter. He didn't want to be here anymore. "Just -- just stay where you are. Please."

His gaze was downcast, preventing him from being able to see the look on Seonghwa's face. Was he sad, angry, or annoyed? Wooyoung couldn't tell, but at that point in time he didn't give a shit.