hellish ; twelve

tw: murder, descriptions of blood and violence, and mentions of suicide & c*nnibalism

↓ fave header right here ↓

you chose:
a) refuse

* * *

Seonghwa eyed the phone in his hands, patiently awaiting Jongho's response. The guy seemed hesitant judging by the way he kept typing and retyping his response, which of course Seonghwa had expected. But, he was a bit disappointed when he finally got Jongho's answer.

- jongho🐻
i can't
i'm sorry

- jongho🐻
too occupied with work rn
(。ŏ﹏ŏ)

- jongho🐻
hope you understand

Seonghwa looked up as Mingi descended in the seat across from his on the island, a strange, dubious look on his face.

- wooyoung
its okie
have fun :)

"Isn't that Wooyoung's phone?" Mingi questioned. He sounded puzzled, but his expression seemed quite empty, like he didn't really care.

"Yeah. He and San went out earlier, and he forgot to take his phone along," Seonghwa casually explained, still fabricating ways in which he could successfully bring Jongho over without raising much suspicion.

"Was that Choi Jongho you were just texting?"

Seonghwa bit his lip and raised a brow. Mingi's sudden onslaught of questions confused him. He was so used to the taller doing as he said and conforming to his ideas that it felt weird seeing him so curious all of a sudden.

"...Yeah," Seonghwa said after a while. Mingi had probably just woken up, as he was in black pyjama bottoms and a simple grey shirt. The older watched as he fiddled with his thumbs, absurdly quiet and restless. "You okay?"

Mingi moved as if he'd been pinched, before giving a half-hearted shrug. "Yeah."

Seonghwa carefully pushed Wooyoung's phone into his pocket, before leaning across the table to face Mingi better. "Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Mingi sighed and raked his fingers through his short, blond hair. "I just..." He watched Seonghwa, and it took a second for the older to recognize the emotion in his eyes. Hurt. "Do you even care about us anymore?"

Seonghwa froze, stunned at his friend's words. It was clear Mingi was taken aback by his words too, because he then cleared his throat and averted his eyes, which still looked sad.

"Forget I said anything."

"No," Seonghwa answered, voice firm. He reached out and clasped one of Mingi's hands, just like he'd done countless times as kids when the weather was bad and Mingi had been scared of the rumbling thunder. "I can't forget it. I won't. Please, I need to know why you feel that way."