(f) 🤍Cassandra x maid!reader

Getting a job in the capital was huge not to mention working AND LIVING in the castle. However, much to your dismay being one of the royal maids was harder than you anticipated. Sure, cleaning your father's tavern was a chore but it couldn't compare to the endless spaces of the castle where every mistake was greatly punished. Yet you were stubborn and wouldn't accept any help. If you wanted to learn you had to make mistakes.

So when one of the ladies in waiting offered you help you only scoffed.
"I can do that myself" you said dragging the heavy bucket filled with water to the main hall. The woman named something like Casey or Cassandra looked at you with doubt "whatever you say" and walked away with a laundry basket in hand.

However, as it soon turned out you could not, in fact, do everything yourself. Everything that could go wrong pretty much did. Shameful you looked around the main hall. It wasn't ready for the ball.

Reluctantly you went over to where you thought you could find the short-haired woman. She was talking with the head of the guards looking excited. When you approached they both turned around.

She walked off with you to ask what you came for.

"I need your help" you looked at your shoes.

"What?"

" You were right. I need your help" you raised your head to look at her.

 I need your help" you raised your head to look at her

"Sorry what was that?" she asked again smugly.

"Oh shut up!" you giggled "can you help me out or no?"

She bit her lip and looked back at the guard waiting a few feet away.

You could swear she frowned for a second but looking back at you she said "sure. Let's see how much you messed up"

"Come on then" you rolled your eyes laughing.

"Just a second" she walked back to the man telling him something but soon enough she was back.

You smiled cheekily "let's race to the hall!"

As you started running Cass yelled out "watch out! The floor is-"

Thud.

"-wet"

She helped you up shaking her head but you could see her smile as she did so. It seemed that you found yourself a first friend here in Corona.