(a)🤍 Varian x nb!reader

(Y/n) and Varian got together a few weeks ago but it all went downhill from there. (Y/n) could see that the relationship was lacking and as much as they were far from romantic it did bother them a lot. It felt as if their partner was more interested in chasing after them than he was now in actually being in a relationship. Hence the shouting match that resolved between the two.

"Do you even care?! Cause I haven't noticed!"

"Maybe if you paid attention to someone that isn't you, you would" he frowned clenching his fists.

"Oh I'm sorry!" they started sarcastically "cause I'm so conceited. Unlike you, yeah you pay attention not only to yourself but also to Cassandra!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Look I think it's clear you're not over her and I was just the closest you could find" they pointed out coldly "and if so they it would be better if we broke up before it gets any serious"

Varian was surprised how little he felt hearing that. There was no regret, no sadness or even anger. On the contrary it was as if a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders.

"Then maybe we should"

And with those words (Y/n)'s heart shattered but they only nodded walking away from their now ex with tears only waiting to fall once (Y/n) reaches their home.