(f)🤍Varian x fem!reader

Varian didn't have an easy life after he got thrown out of the castle instead of receiving help which pretty quickly started a myriad of rumors. It only got worse when he was released from jail.

People whispered, stared at him, changed the side of the street as not to pass him and some even spit at him. I think it's safe to say it was not easy for him.

And as Christmas approached and people seemed to get in the festive mood of holidays no one really warmed up to him so far.

He avoided going out as much as he could, lately, he just sat all day (and sometimes night) working on projects but he always eventually had to go out.

Right now was one of these times. It had snowed pretty badly and for rather obvious reasons this did not make him more comfortable being out.

He walked through the streets of the capital with his head hung low and a shopping list tucked into his pocket.

A few streets ahead stood (Y/n) with a fresh batch of moon cookies. Yule was approaching and she felt exordinarly festive that day so she decided to sell some of her goods out in the street. She felt festive but not festive enough to just give away her sweets for free.

So when she saw Varian coming over to sit by the fountain she already thought of that sweet cash she was gonna make off of him. But to her surprise, the shorter boy had passed her and sat alone looking all gloomy and sad.

That was when (Y/n) recognized him. 'Well, no surprise he's down' she thought 'given the chance this whole town would get him back into his cell in a second'

But she never really hated him herself. Don't get me wrong she wasn't all that pure and good that she believed anyone could and should be forgiven but she didn't exactly like the king herself and blamed him for letting the rocks destroy the village.

That's where she got most of her ingredients from so you can imagine how royally pissed she was to find out old Fred preferred to ignore the subject instead of taking action.

Seeing as the streets became less busy and fewer people approached her anyways she sat by the teen without a word. He looked over at her surprised as she presented him the batch of her moon cookies waiting for him to take one.

His head perked up as he gratefully reached out for one moon-shaped snack

"It's on the house" she stated before asking "why are you sulking here all alone?"

"I uh" the teen answered "it's a long story. I'm just not in the mood to go all the way to the village. You know, snow and all?"

She didn't press the issue and let him take as many sweets as he desired, forgetting to count her lost money.

Soon they were chatting as if they knew each other for ages. Finally, as the lamps were lit on the streets the teenage girl got up with bow empty pate in her hands.

"I got to go, see you 'round dork" and giving him one last smirk she walked off prompting a warm fuzzy feeling to spread around Varian's body as he watched her figure disappear into the streets of Corona.