(f)🤎&💗Watching a horror together

If Christmas fans can claim the time after Christmas so can I do just that with Halloween. So this is a Halloween chapter. Yes, I've seen the first Santa ads and I'm slowly ✨🧞𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭🧞✨.

Bill:
This boy. He'll watch it patiently. Everything will be fine, you will cuddle and eat your popcorn and then the credits roll and you ask him "how did you like it?" and then it fucking starts. He will over analyze EVERY aspect in the movie. "UuU iT's NoT lIkE tHaT iN rEaL lIfE". Like, fuck off William. He can't stand both illogical naive movies and those taking themselves too seriously. But I feel like he would actually enjoy Stephen King movies although that might be because it's my definition of top quality content. I feel like the safest movie to watch would be something like Misery.

Bev:
Omg yes. You can watch horror with her all the time. Even better, pretend to be scared. It's the signal she was waiting for. Bam! Now you're cuddling. Or making out. It's kind of a 50/50 with her. Get prepared for all the gore and scares you can take cause she'll make sure to keep you on the edge of your seat with her movie choices. If you're a girl she'll definitely make it your tradition to watch Draculas Daughter together religiously. Other go-to movies include classics like Scream or Friday the 13th.

Ben:
Honestly, this depends. If it's some cookie-cutter horror or a slasher he's going to be bored. He'll still watch it cause he's a simp but he won't enjoy it. But if it's something deeper or even better - a book adaptation he's going to be more than happy not only to watch the whole thing but to talk with you hours on end about the film. But he doesn't really get the whole "going to see a horror to spook your s/o" thing and if you are easily affected by jump scares and stuff he's probably going to get really concerned about whether you two should continue watching this or not.

Mike:
Up to that point the closest he got to a "scary movie" was Godzilla that traumatized him for life. It's not that he wasn't allowed but the horror genre just never seemed appealing to him. But if you want he can watch it. And for the most part he'll even enjoy it. He'll cuddle with you if you'll get scared and if you want he'll gladly discuss the events in the movie with you. He denies having any favorites and lets you choose but it's easy to tell he has a soft spot of sorts when it comes to classics like Dracula or Frankenstein.

Stan:
Don't. Seriously, don't watch those. You'd think he would completely trash the movie and be a sarcastic little shit? Well, surprise surprise! Your noodle-headed bf will sit through the whole thing silently and then it's your problem. Unless it's some silly shit the boy's gonna overthink it and even if it's not real he's going to be hella affected by it. The more illogical the thing is the scarier. And I'm pretty sure he would literally shit himself if you made him watch Birds.

Eddie:
Well, good luck trying to get him to watch one. But if you do I don't think he'll be that scared. He'd probably yell at the main for doing cliché stuff like going headfirst into the big bad waiting for them in some dark secluded place. Mostly he'd either be disgusted or actually enjoying the film. Unless the horror has some anxiety-inducing scenes. DON'T show him "Silence of the lambs" unless you want to have him go apeshit when Buffalo Bill shuts off the lights in the house. But if you're watching a regular mediocre horror that doesn't cause him asthma attacks every scene he won't be scared more than a regular person. It's sometimes kinda funny to watch scary movies with him tho cause he never got to watch anything like that before and jump scares get him every time. So yeah, prepare to have him fall of the couch a few times and cuss so heavily that Richie woyluld be impressed before he learns the formula.
Also if he's experienced enough and in a good mood you can expect a lot of mocking the movie and sarcasm. Not that he's not scared but he's more angry at how stupid this is.

Richie:
So you know how some slashers have those scenes where they torture female victims only and make it all sexy and hot and it's hard to find it terrifying sometimes? Yeah, so he's definitely a fan of those movies. Like, I see him enjoying them for three reasons. First of all b00bies, secondly, he doesn't get scared by those or at least finds them to be less scary than regular horrors and he wants to show off how brave he is (and maybe let you snuggle close to him if you're scared but he won't say that). And lastly, he just seems to be that type of a guy. We all love him but even after "fixing" him in the movies he would be at least somewhat problematic.
Also he will absolutely refuse to watch anything like Frankenstein or Rope and don't even get me started on I Was a Teenage Werewolf. Those are just a few films to name that he absolutely won't watch. They have something about them that leaves him rather upset and deep in his thoughts (totallynottgehomoeroticsubtext). Plus he prefers you being scared so he can show how tough he is (he's definitely not).

Bonus:

Least to most likely to scream like a little girl

Bill
Bev
Mike
Stan
Ben
Richie
Eddie

Will comfort you during scary scenes

Bev: there's no hiding it this girl will do anything to have you cuddling into her

Mike: he's such a sweetheart honestly even if he feels uneasy he won't show it so he can comfort you and make you feel better aah I just love him^^

Ben: he will cuddle with you especially if you're not in public cause PDA flusters him a lot but you have to initiate it. The more affection you give the bigger chance is that he won't remember the movie oops🤷

Richie: he's the only one I see doing both. But if you're scared he surely will unironically pull the whole yawn-and-put-his-hand-around-you thing. He likes to act like he's smooth but he's not.

Bill: You will have to initiate it but he most definitely will cuddle you and sometimes enjoy it more than the movie itself.

Will have you comfort them during scary scenes

Eddie: I feel like there's not much to explain. The way you know he needs comfort is when he finally shuts up and stops bitching about the movie (WhAt WoUlD hIs MoM sAy? OmG tHiS iS fReAkY sHe WaS rIgHt AbOuT hOrRoRs OmL!1!). He won't initiate it but will gladly scoot over if you want. And WILL let you know this was your fault for picking this movie. (and if it was early on during his introduction to horror I wouldn't be surprised if this "freaky movie" was something like Boogeyman or Jason X)

Stan: like I said he's not someone to watch a horror with. And he will probably scoot over to you as soon as the first scary scene starts.

Richie: again, he's pretty much 50/50 with that and there will be many movies during which you'll have this dork clinging onto you for dear life forgetting his "tough-guy" act

Go to movies:

Bill:
Either Misery or The Shining, Children of the corn will work out for him just fine too

Bev:
Jenifer's Body, Jeniffer's Body, Jenifer's Body, Jeniffer's Body, Jenifer's Body, Jeniffer's Bo-

(and Dracula's Daughter ofc)

Stan:
Maybe Spieces? Alien could work out too, I just feel like he would prefer sci-fi over the supernatural-themed horrors

Eddie:
Totally Troll 2 cause it's just so terrible it's not even funny. He seems like the kind of guy who would watch movies he can complain about not those that scare him

Ben:
Hands down Rosemary's baby. But any other film based off of a book works for him too. Not that it matters cause he's simping hard

Mike:
Frankenstein, Dracula and I could see him liking Midsommer too. But just like Ben he's fine with most stuff.

Richie:
Any slasher honesty but I think he would really like The Embrace of the Vampire the most. At some point he'd watch Hereditary too but probably mostly to freak you out.