RIDL - 18

It's been two days since the last time War met Yin, and the news of Yin's father's sudden death still dominating the media. On the day of the news break into the public, it spread like wildfire across the country and region. What have been reported to be caused of his passing was a fatal heart attack. He was died in the hospital in Zurich, as the media reported. 

For Yin this is like a nightmare that he wishes to get over soon, his once peaceful and happy life with his family was thrown into chaos as grief-stricken family members and relatives crowded the funeral home, the sobs of anguish echoing through the corridors. Yin couldn't recognise most of their faces since he was living outside the knowledge of these people also. So many secrets are kept from everyone when it comes to Yin's existence. 

His mother and Grandfather are sitting with him, the weight of loss hung heavily on Yin, most of the times his expression vacant and unresponsive to the world around him. Memories of his past trauma resurfaced, taking him back to the day he lost his siblings in a fateful accident that forever changed his life. 15 years ago, the three were on their way to school, on a crisp autumn morning, when a truck hit their family car. Yin witnessed everything unfold before losing consciousness, and when he woke up, he had lost his sister Amy, 13, and brother Jeb, 15, in the crash.

---

'Young master, you ready?' Kit asked as he entered Yin's room 

Yin nods, 'Give me 5 minutes', Yin said

Today will be the burial day for his late father. Yin still sits there on his bed, couldn't feel anything as if his mind and soul are confused to decide what to feel. He couldn't comprehend any of this overwhelming events happened to his life. He takes out his phone, he opens his messaging app and find War's number. He sees all of his messages are not being read, he knows that War still blocks his number. But his heart longing to talk to him, to hear his voice. He wants to hug him so badly. 

He knows that the problem between them is not yet settled, but he is frustratingly hoping that War could at least call or message him. One single call from him could probably make Yin feel a lot better. 

Yin started to type that message that he knows probably won't be seen by War anyway. 

'I need you'  Yin sent that message.  

---

'War, we are going to the funeral house at 9.30, will you come?' Mr. Wang asked War who just finished a conference call in his office. 

War nods. 'The burial is today?' War asked 

'Yes, at 10.30. That's why we need to be there at 10 the latest or we'll miss it' 

'Noted, I'll be ready by then' War said and Mr. Wang smiles before he left.

---

War and some of his office mates, including Mr. Wang arrived at the funeral house, almost at 10 am. The place is crowded, with people and flowers board. Patrick Wong was a famous person, most of his colleagues respect him as true and honest businessman. 

It was too crowded to get inside, War and  most of the people from the company have to stand outside the funeral home. Most people inside are families, Wong's inner circle, and the big names in the country, including some ministers. 

At exactly 10.30, Yin and his family escorted the casket to the hearse, somber music playing in the background. From a distance, War could see Yin, numb and lifeless, following behind, his eyes fixed on the ground. War could sense the sadness and guilt weighing down on Yin as his sight is fixed on his father's casket that being out inside the van. 

As the procession headed towards the burial site, War still can only watch from afar, looking at the devastated Yin that about to bid his father a final goodbye. War could see Yin surrounded by his family members, including his mother and Wong Senior, his grandfather. It could be seen that they were all together in this moment of grief, supporting each other as best they could.