Chapter 27

I was nervous all night, and barely slept. I struggled to stay still and not toss and turn, disrupting Stephen. He knew though. Every time I would get restless, he would reach out for me and pull me into his chest. The smell of him, and the warmth of his body calmed me instantly.

The alarm went off at six, and I moved over Stephen to silence it. As I laid across his chest, I felt his hand run up my bare side. I smiled, and flinched at how his light touch tickled.

"So ticklish..." Stephen whispered.

I tuned and gave him a look to not tickle me. All he did was smile, which of course, made me smile. I straddled his hips, and moved to lay better on his chest. I couldn't help but look into his eyes as I brushed his hair out of his face.

"I love you." I whispered to him.

I felt his hands run up my thighs, and to my waist. He leaned forward just enough to softly kiss me.

"I love you too." He said with a smile.

We laid together for another minute before I got up and showered. I put big loose curls in my hair, and just did a simple natural look for my makeup. I was getting more nervous as I looked through my closet. I stepped into my coral, one shouldered dress, and picked up a matching pair of shoes. Needing some air, I stepped out onto the balcony, and leaned on the railing.I was out there for a minute before I heard the door open, and Stephen leaned on the railing next to me. I smiled as he obviously started to inch closer to me. 

"Is the fresh air helping?" He asked

"Not as much as you. You help me the most." I said as I looked up at him.

He was wearing a polka dot shirt with a blue vest, and a grey jacket. His sunglasses were on, and he had a mischievous look on his face.

 His sunglasses were on, and he had a mischievous look on his face

"It's the sex. It's therapeutic for you." He said with a smile as he pulled me into his chest.

"Well, you aren't wrong." I said as I ran my hands over his chest, and up around his neck.

Stephen's phone dinged, and he pulled it out of his pocket to check.

"Charlie's here." He said softly.