The Dursleys Intro to Magic 101

I know that no one reads these, but please do. Ok, so, I have written a few things before, but this is my first Harry Potter Fic, so let me know what you think. I got a list of tags to put on my story, but as soon as I got done typing them and typing the description. my tab closed, so I lost it and had to restart. I hope y'all like this, and I am gonna put word counts so fellow writers can see how long my chapters are. Other writers who do this, helped me to figure out how long I like chapters, so I love those of you that do that. (1130 not including authors note)

"Hey, Duds can you grab the mail while I cook breakfast," Petunia asked, pulling the eggs out of the refrigerator.  "Yes mommy, I would love to," Dudley responded, skipping toward the mail slot. (Vernon uncovered it after Harry left for his first year) he grabbed the mail and stopped to check what was there. As soon as he touched one of the last envelopes it popped right open. "Mom! This one opened on its own," he shouted, closing it and running to the kitchen. "Let me see Dudders," she said, taking it from his hands. She opened it and pulled out the parchment. Vernon came waddling out of the hall at that moment. the letter floated out of Petunia's hand and folded into the shape of a mouth. It began to speak, "You as the muggle family of HARRY JAMES POTTER have been cordially invited to attend Hogwarts for Harry's first week of school with your charge. if you except you will need to get dress robes for the student-family ball. you can buy whatever you want from the wizarding world other than potion products, a wand, cauldron, school books, a broomstick, and anything that may aid in the training of a wizard. Anything you buy inside the wizarding world must not be seen by other non-magic folks. You may participate in certain classes, but you must attend all, whether participating or not. if you decide to go, please burn this letter in your fireplace, with all of the signatures of all of the people who are going. Signed, prof. Minerva McGonagall." 

"I wanna go! I wanna meet a pretty girl!" Dudley exclaimed loudly. "No, we are not going to that freak circus of a school," Vernon yelled angrily. "But mommy, papa, I want to meet a pretty girl and see Harry get made fun of. And it is unfair that he gets to go and I don't even if it is a freak circus," Dudley whined. "Good morning, Aunt Petunia. I will get breakfast ready, I have finished getting myself and my stuff ready for school shopping," Harry said, grabbing a spatula out of the drawer. "No need Harry, we will be getting breakfast out," she responded putting away the unused dishes, "We need to go shopping with you." "Go get your stuff, we are going to get stuff too, as we are going to your family ball," Vernon stated, signing the three's names on the parchment.

 "What? You realize that it is in the wizarding world. Right?" he asked, lighting the fireplace, as he had eavesdropped on the card and their conversation. "Yes, I am not dull," he answered, burning the letter. They began to walk out the door, "Okay," Harry said, grabbing his bag of wizarding money. "Do you have money?" he asked. "No, but you do," Vernon answered. "It is just enough for my school stuff," he lied, Vernon, being the whale he is didn't understand, "If I don't get all of my stuff then I'll be kicked out, and you don't want a half-trained wizard in your house all year, do you?" That caused Vernon to run into the house and grab his wallet. The muggles began to walk to the car before Harry stopped them, "I can apparate you, my headmaster taught me," he said, seeing the confused faces told him he had to explain more, "It's like teleporting." The three ran to him and asked how. Harry explained how it would work, and that it felt like being squeezed through a straw but not in a painful way. 

When they got to London, the three fell but got up immediately. They began to walk until the muggles found themselves at an empty lot. "Oh, yeah," he said, allowing their muggle brains to see it. They walked into the bar and grill type place and took a table waiting for the other people they would be shopping with. "Do you guys want something to drink?" he asked, knowing Dudley would whine if he didn't. "Yeah," they said in unison. Harry went to the bar and ordered 4 butterbeer, asking the man to put it on his tab. He brought the three their drinks and sat down to drink his own when he heard someone say something. "Are you Harry Potter?" a little girl asked, Dudley jumped spilling some butterbeer on his arm, before licking it up. harry laughed, answering, "Yeah, and who would you be?" " I am Penelope Granger, you and my cousin are friends," the short girl explained, pulling at her sleeves nervously. "Yeah, I know Hermione, we have been friends since first year. She is so brave," he said, looking past the girl and onto Hermione to smile at her.

 "Haha, Harry has a crush on his friend," Dudley sang. "Oh god, I hope not," she said, letting out a giggle. "Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh you just got rejected," he laughed. "No, he just wasn't interested. That would be uncomfortable. Especially considering how I caught him daydreaming about mmmnnnnhhhh," she was gagged with a napkin before she could say anything else. Harry began to blush like mad, thinking of the last time they 'talked'. The Dursleys were very confused. Harry quickly hugged the Grangers and picked up Penelope. 

"Harry!" she giggled, attracting more attention to 'the boy who lived'. People began surrounding him, trying to shake his hand. he began to shake the hands until he saw the face of someone who was very clearly a Weasley. "Hey, I am Bill Weasley. I have to say, you are as perfect, gorgeous, and beautiful as I have been told," he chuckled glancing back at his younger sister, still in the doorway. "Well I guess, I have heard good things too,' he laughed through his blush. They did one of those bro-hug things, then he went around hugging everyone. Finally, he was standing in front of Ginny, and they just stared for a moment before hugging as tight as possible. 

The Dursleys got up, and the group moved to the back alley. Once everyone was in the alley, Harry pulled out his wand tapping away on the bricks. Soon the wall reshaped, and it was an archway in Diagon Alley. 

If you are still reading, thanks a bunch, and let me know your Hogwarts house. Just so those of you who don't know, you can find your official Hogwarts house by taking a quick survey at Pottermore.com Bye peeps!