Scars-klaus imagine👻

Summary: You and Kalus have been best friends since you two met. When Klaus sees your old scars, you run off and avoid him for the rest of the day. When Klaus catches up to you, it’s no doubt that he stays and comforts you. 

Author’s Note: Klaus Hargreeves doesn’t deserve the crap that the writers gave to him. I’m also sorry if this isn’t as long. 

Warnings: mentions of self harm
______________________________

Being best friends with Klaus Hargreeves was interesting. Though he acted like he was high all the time (even though he slightly was), he was still a good friend to you. And vise versa. Ever since Klaus and you met, the two of you were like peas in a pod. 

And since the two of you were best friends, you both knew a lot about each other. You knew that Klaus had a drug addiction so he didn’t have to hear dead people anymore. Klaus knew that you weren’t happy growing up. 

Now because it was the cold season, you two were doing traditions you both made up. Which involved making cookies and hot cocoa. 

“Y/n, I want to add in sprinkles in my cookies,” Klaus tells you.

“Go ahead then, Klaus. It’s not like I’m stopping you,” you chuckle.

“Do you have any rainbow sprinkles?”

“Yeah. I think it’s in my pantry. Hold on.”

You reached up to grab the sprinkles. However, due to your love for over sized sweaters, your sleeve dropped down a little. Klaus noticed something on your arm making him look at it closer. 

“Y/n, what’s on your wrist?” Klaus asked you. Once you got the sprinkles, you quickly put it down before pulling your sleeve up so it hid your arms.

“Klaus-”

“How long has it been since you last hurt yourself?” Klaus asked you. You frowned at him before putting the sprinkles down and running off.

“Good job man,” Ben tells Klaus. Though you and Ben have never really met, Ben really liked you. 

Ben liked how you could help keep Klaus under control. Ben also loved how patient you were with him. Out of all the people Ben has seen with Klaus, you were his favorite. 

“You shut up. Did you know about that?”

“No. But you should be a little more sensitive towards them,” Ben tells Klaus.

“I know. But we do need to find them so we can talk.”

You managed to avoid Klaus for the rest of the day. It wasn’t until you had to go back home. You prayed to God that he wasn’t there. You got into your elevator where you saw Klaus quickly run into your apartment building. 

“Y/n! Hold the door! Wait!” Klaus called out. 

You tried to close the elevator but Klaus quickly got in. You tried to leave the elevator but Klaus held your hand and pulled you back. You felt like crying. Crying because you didn’t want to remember your bad past. Being with Klaus was a big distraction for you and he actually made you happy. 

“Y/n, it’s okay. I’m not upset at you,” Klaus comforted you.

“I’m sorry,” you sobbed.

“Hey. Hey. You’re okay now. I’m here for you,” Klaus tells you as he opened his arms up for a hug. You shook your head at him.

“What happened?”

“I don’t want to talk about it,” you sobbed.

“What can I do to help you?” Klaus asked.

“I don’t know,” you shook your head. 

“If you don’t feel comfortable talking about it then you don’t have to. I just want to be there for you. You’re my best friend. You’ve been there for me and now I want to be there for you,” Klaus explained.

“Klaus, I don’t know how to pour out my feelings like you.”

“You don’t have to. I just don’t want to lose you. You’re my best friend and I love you.”

“I love you too, Klaus.”

The elevator door opened to your floor. The two of you walked out to walk over to your apartment. 

“Do you still want to bake cookies with me?” You asked.

“Yeah. Of course. Come on,” Klaus tells you. 

After making the cookies, you and Klaus sat on the couch as you waited for the cookies to be done. You looked over at Klaus who was watching whatever was on the television.

“I was in a rough patch,” you started. Klaus looked over at you. 

“I was sad and depressed. I wasn’t thinking right and my negative thoughts were stronger than me.”

“Oh, Y/n,” Klaus said before pulling you in for a hug. 

“I think I started to feel better when you came along,” you tell Klaus.

“What do you mean?”

“Ever since we became friends, I’ve been feeling better than before,” you tell him. Klaus hugged you again. He kissed the top of your head as he squeezed you a little tighter.

“Thank you for being my best friend,” you tell him.

“And thank you for being mine,” Klaus said.