From The Future (Five Hargreeves x Reader)

Summary: You go back to the past with your husband, Five, only to have his siblings pester you with questions upon your arrival.

From The Future

Five Hargreeves x Reader

Word Count: 784 (Short but sweet)

Warnings: None, I don’t think? Just fluff and Five kinda bein a jerk to his siblings. nothing new, though.
_______________

“That’s the wrong formula.” You point out to your husband, Five Hargreeves. He rolls his eyes.

“For the fiftieth time, not it’s not. I’ve worked and reworked this same problem thousands of times. My calculations are correct.” Five sighs, rubbing a hand over his face. You shrug.

“Okay. If you say so, babe. I just don’t want to return to that time as babies or something.” You mumble.

“What was that?” He hums, arching an eyebrow.

“Nothing.” You sigh but turn to him and give him a sweet smile. His sassy exterior melts away as his soft side takes over at the sight of your smile.

“You know I love you, right?” He asks, cupping your cheek in his palm.

“Of course I do, we’ve spent over forty years alone together. I love you, too.” You smile and press a chaste kiss to his lips.

“Let’s go back and stop the apocalypse.” He smiles and holds your hand, time traveling away.

The only way to describe time travel was like being ripped out of an F-5 tornado.

“Hngh…” You groan, feeling the grass underneath your palms. You open an eye and see a group of people you’ve never seen before.

“(Y/n)? Where’s (Y/n)? (Y/n)!?” The only familiar voice of the bunch calls out.

“Over here.” You sit up and rub your head, shaking off the feeling of time travel slightly as you turn to see a thirteen-year-old boy staring at you.

“What did you do with (Y/n)?” The boy glares at you, raising a fist.

“I told you it was the wrong stupid formula.” You growl, brushing away his fist and standing up. The group around you gapes, wide-mouthed at the interaction going on right now.

“Five?” One woman speaks, her fashion sense impeccable. You’re guessing this is Allison, Five told you about all his siblings.

“What’s today? The date.” Five asks, his hand instinctively going to yours. You squeeze it reassuringly.

“The twenty-fourth of March.” Another woman replies instantly, her hair pulled back into a tight ponytail. Vanya. You stare curiously at her. Something wasn’t right.

“There’s still time.” Five mumbles.

“Hold on, Five, you’ve been gone seventeen years. And we don’t even know who this is.” A burly man gestures to you. Luther.

“Doesn’t concern you and trust me it’s been a lot longer than just seventeen years.” Five grumbles.

“I’m (Y/n), nice to meet you.” You introduce yourself quickly.

“(Y/n)…do you have a last name?” A man twirls a knife in his hand, skepticism written all over his face. Diego.

“I do, actually. (Y/n) Hargreeves.” You tell them. Five scoffs.

“Are you our sister or something? Five, what have you been up to? Where were you guys?” Luther asks.

“I was in the future. And no, idiot, this is not our sister. She’s my wife.” He grumbles, pulling you tightly to him. You blush slightly but wrap your arm around your husband’s waist.

“Wife– wait, I’m sorry, what?” Allison speaks again, her tone accusatory but surprised.

“We were in the future for forty-five years together, not that you’d understand the bleakness of that.” Five growls harshly, tugging you away from the group. You give them a sympathetic smile.

“Holy crap my little brother has a wife.” A man with hand tattoos gasps, his hands flying over his mouth. Klaus.

“I’m not your little brother!” Five snaps, stopping to turn around and face the group again.

“What, you’re like fifty-eight, right?” Luther points out.

“Wrong, his consciousness is fifty-eight, as is mine. Currently, we’re thirteen again.” You explain before Five can get the chance to yell at his siblings again.

“So what’s the future like?” Klaus asks.

“Awful. Everyone’s dead and there are no buildings left standing.” Five laces his fingers with yours.

“Then how did you two not die?” Vanya asks.

“I time traveled there so I got there after the end of the world happened.” Five explains and you see the hurt flash across his face.

“I, uh…I have powers, like you guys. I was there at the end of the world. It ended with fire and destruction, but I have fire powers so…I was cursed to live through it since fire doesn’t hurt me.” You shrug, feeling the painful memories of watching your entire family die. Five frowns and pulls you in for a hug. You were the only one he was ever soft with.

“I’m so confused.” Klaus runs a hand through his hair. Five tugs you away again.

“Where are you two going?” Luther asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

“To stop the apocalypse. Nothing you’d understand with your limited knowledge, though.” Five waves his hand dismissively. Then, the two of you are gone from sight.

“What just happened?”