♪ CHAPTER 13 ♪

Ran

"And then, the bird's guts spilled over the street! Thankfully no one was hurt. There were three people who got covered with bird guts though, but they were fine." Suisen said, relaying what he learned from a monster attack in City M.

The people around him gagged at the mention of bird guts, especially the girls. Himawari slapped her twin's shoulder and glared at him. "People are eating, nii-chan! At least tell us something more appealing."

Suisen grumbled at his sister, rubbing his sore shoulder. "The story was just so intriguing. A bird swooping down one second suddenly have its head burst to smithereens. I wonder who beat that giant monster..."

Ayame stroked her chin at his story. As she was once a medical student, she didn't mind talking about guts while eating. "You were right. A monster that size won't easily be taken care of by some class A hero. Do you think it was done by someone in class S?"

Suisen's eyes brightened up when he heard someone showing interest in the topic. "I know right?! It could only be done by either Tank Top Master and Darkshine Alloy! And not to mention, King could've that hero! With how much damage that monster received, I could only think of these three."

The purple haired girl nodded at the enthusiastic youth. "That could be possible. But there is also Pri Pri Prisoner and Silverfang, who also possess massive strength."

"Hmmm, I also thought of Prisoner but he's one of the lowest ranked class S hero so I crossed him out. We didn't see some naked man flaunting around the scene too"

"Ugh, you two! Can you stop talking about guts and naked men?! We're trying to eat here!" Asagao finally couldn't stop himself and chided the two. He may be a man and the oldest of the bunch, but any normal person would've find their appetite gone when talking about those kind of things. He's currently sporting a pale face, glaring at his fellow idols.

"Ehhh? Asagao-nii-chan can't even handle this kind of talk?" Suisen smirked and leaned back his seat. "No wonder you're still single. You're such a wimp." he teased.

Asagao immediately shot up from his seat, his teeth grinding against another. "This punk!"

Himawari poked the blonde teen and scolded him. "Nii-chan!"

"Hmph! I know I'm right. I'm sure Ran-nee-chan thinks so too, right nee-chan?" Suisen turned to their leader with a mocking smile, but received no reply.

Everyone turned to the white haired girl, who was quietly sitting at the end of the table. She kept staring at the mobile phone beside her food, as if expecting it to ring any second. She didn't look up when she was called by Suisen. It was as if she couldn't hear anything at the moment. It also seemed that she took only a few bites, the food is barely touched.

The remaining members of their group fell silent as looked at each other. Ran's face held an expression of worry and she looks a little stressed out, making them a little anxious.

"Ran-nee-chan?"

As if her soul came back to her body after travelling across the universe, Ran jolted at her name being called, her crimson eyes sweeping to her five groupmates, who were now looking at her in concern.

Hinageshi, who is sitting beside her, patted her shoulder. "Ran, are you okay? You seem out of it for some reason." She asked.

"Could it be that your head is still giving you troubles?" Ayame instantly stood up from her seat and began walking towards her.

"Ah! No, I'm fine, I'm fine." Ran spoke up, urging Ayame to sit and for other to calm down.

"Is there something bothering you, Nee-chan?" Himawari asked.