Gaming

Disclaimer: I do not Star VS the Forces of Evil.

________________________________________________________________________________

Star fixed her red horns and straightened her dress. It is her chance to surprise the half-monster boyfriend. Though it's unusual from her side, she had planned this for a while. Tom had always been a guy full of astonishment with romantic gestures. This time, it was her time.

Today, she gave him an early warning. "Stay home and wait till she arrives." That was it. No hints or spoilers. Vague and exciting. She filled the basket with their favourites like pie, burritos, and other snacks. She had everything fixed.

What she needs to do; get in his place. Be ready for him. Give a delightful surprise.

Passing through the portal she ripped, Star found her boyfriend with his eyes concentrated on the screen. Fingers were tapping the button and moving the stick to control his blonde hero in the game. She grinned and hid the basket behind her as she approached.

"Hi, sweetie." She greeted, giving him a quick peck on his cheek. His focus stare turned softer, and he glowed when he caught a glance at her. "Oh, you're here?"

"Yep, had to get ready first. What are you doing?"

"Not much. Just playing a video game that Marco brought me." He shrugged, eyes stuck to the screen.

"You two grew close?" Star grinned. Tom chuckled at her simple excitement. "He owed me a couple of things for helping him with his woman."

A good memory plays in his mind, remembering how the human refused to compensate for his games. He was not forcing him. Reminding him how much Hekapoo hates promise-breakers.

"Is that part of my surprise?" He pointed at the crate she carried with her. She grinned. "Are you ready for our date?"

"Yeah, give me a few seconds to spot a checkpoint." He chuckled, fingers playing around to locate a safe point.

"Oh, okay." She nodded. Searching, but found nothing to do. Star opened the picnic basket and pulled out the still-warm burrito. Their favourite meal together. The delicious scent of the meaty wrap caught her lover's attention.

"Starship," He whined, hunger starting to get the best of him. The blonde giggled in amusement. "Want this?"

The blonde offered her burrito, and he got a bite of it. Thomas recognized the familiar taste.

"Marco?" He guessed, and his girlfriend nodded. "Yep!"

As he glanced back at the screen, he noticed an enemy popped up out of nowhere. Then, enemies race towards his hero with a sword. "Why must you ambush me now?"

"To your left!" Star jumped, her eyes glued on the screen, and Tom responded. "Thanks!" Shooting and attacking the opponents till their red Health Points reduced to none.

His hero ran to the fire and pressed on the save button. He tossed his controller away and gave his body a stretch. "Give me a minute."

His words put her back into reality. She asked, "Why did you stop playing?"

"We're going on a date, remember?" He reminded her with a grin, pointing at the basket as he wore his jacket.

"But you were pretty into the game." To be honest, she was too.

"How about we date here? I can teach you how to play."

"Really?" She asked excitedly, and he nodded.

"Wanna play something simple or just keep playing this one?"

"What else do you have?"

Tom rummaged through his video game drawers with a grin. Yep, they are dating in his room, playing video games. Honestly, he wanted this to happen. He bought various video games just in case she did not like his taste in them. "I've got simulations and others... Oh, we can play this one! Two players for us to fight each other."