Winter Ball (Drarry)

It was eighth year at Hogwarts for the golden trio and a Winter ball was to be held. Headmistress McGonagall had been enforcing house unity and the ball was a great opportunity to get houses mingling. Harry had never been more excited for something in school. There was no worry of Voldemort looming over him he was finally able to enjoy his school year to its fullest. Of course sadness still lingered at Hogwarts and memories still lurked in the shadows but for once in his life Harry was free.

He decided to go to the ball with a group of friends. The group consisted of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Dean, Seamus, Ginny and Luna. There was couples mixed in with the group but no one seemed to mind. He and Ginny had broken up at the start of the year which was a relief to the both of them. They realized they just weren't compatible as a couple but remained good friends. He knew he would have a great time with his friends unlike when they were separated at the Yule ball.

Harry sat in the Gryffindor common room with Dean, Seamus, Neville and Ron. Harry was dressed in a black floral suit, he had made no attempt to tame his hair but it complimented him nicely. Ron was wearing a traditional black suit and a light blue tie, Hermione had fussed over them matching for weeks. Neville was in a nice burgundy suit. Dean was in a deep blue suit with a white tie while Seamus was in a white suit with a blue tie, they had also decided to match.

They were waiting for the girls who were still getting ready. Dean was fixing Seamus' tie and Neville, Ron and Harry were chatting. They heard footsteps coming down the stairs and their heads turned to see Ginny, Hermione and Luna (who Ginny snuck into the tower) walking down the stairs.

They looked breathtaking. Hermione was in a long light blue dress and her hair was pulled into a high bun that must have taken ages to do. Luna was in a short yellow dress and her hair fell freely down her back, she had dangling earrings of suns matching a sun necklace. What was a shocker though was Ginny dressed in a black suit and red shirt the top few buttons left open. She looked completely confident.

Ron got up and took Hermione's hand "You look beautiful."

Hermione blushed slightly "Not to bad yourself."

"You look great Gin" Harry said.

Ginny grinned "I had to show you lads up."

"Competitive as always" Harry laughed "And I clearly won."

"Keep dreaming Potter" Ginny smirked.

"You all look so lovely" Luna smiled at the group.

"Says the most gorgeous one here" Ginny took Luna's hand in hers "I see you're wearing the necklace I gave you."

"Well it's rather beautiful" Luna touched the necklace lightly "I made earrings to match."

Ginny smiled lovingly at her.

"Okay we get it you love each other can we go now?" Ron butted in.

"You just love to ruin my romantic moments don't you?" Ginny frowned recalling the incident with Dean a few years ago.

"Well of course, you're my baby sister" Ron teased while Hermione laughed at his side. Ginny stuck her tongue out at him while Luna simply smiled.

"Ron is right though we should get going."

Together the group made their way to the great hall where the ball was being held. The corridors were covered in decorations leading up to the hall. When the group entered the hall it was decorated in light blue and white decorations. It looked absolutely stunning. Hermione smiled to herself as she had helped with the decorating. Ron who had his arm around her gave her a small squeeze showing he was proud of her.