The Apartment

*Suki's POV*

"Welcome home!" Vivian joked. She was one of my military friends. I decided to leave the army after six years. Vivian was in it for seven years. She grew up in this area and I wanted to move there too. So we rented an apartment. I decided to leave everything behind when I left for the army, and my "friends" made it too easy. But I held onto the one picture, the photo booth strip from the mall the Sokka and I had taken at the mall in our Sophomore year of High school. I kept it because when I went to the Military academy this meant so much to me. And to be honest, I still kind of missed him. But that didn't matter, I was a different person now, I was stronger, braver, and just, different. I felt almost guilty to leave but I wanted to leave before things got too bad from the mental standpoint.

I opened the door cautiously, "This is it!"

We spent two hours unpacking but then gave up to watch TV. I was scrolling through social media when on my recommendations, I saw a page named "Painting4Life" (This is a renamed version of Sokka's account because I didn't want it to be as obvious as Sokka~paints or whatever it was before)The painting style seemed painstakingly familiar. The latest post had the caption Back after a six-year hiatus and a laughing emoji. I continued scrolling, it all seemed like it was from a dream. Then I saw it, the painting Sokka was making of her the day we got back together. I remember this, I commented, what else was I to say nothing? That's not what most would do in her place, they would just stay silent but I wanted him to know that I was still there. And alive, we haven't spoken since our senior year of high school, and then I joined the army, I could be dead for all he could know. I missed him and wanted him to know that I was okay, even if we still hated each other, part of me still cared. I had put so much time and energy into this relationship that ended up hurting me so bad. I built the bomb that killed me without even knowing it.

A/N: So, this is happening, this will be angstier than it's mostly fluff-filled predecessor. Peace!