The Song

*Mai's POV*

"Punk rock night in my bedroom. The drumset you had in middle school. How your friends would get high on at stupid parties. Football games and Waffle House." Mai smiled at the lines as she heard them being sung. She was just on Tamborine but the whole band helped write the songs. After the finished she got to go up and talk about the lyrics.

"This song means a lot to me. My boyfriend had some weird friends, they took shots of vinegar at these weird parties where somebody always ended up like soaking wet. Two of them were always trying to mortify each other or ruin each other's lives so that was always fun to watch. There was an 'incident' and we haven't spoken in years so yeah!"

Backstage, we all congratulated one and another for a good show. I slumped back into a chair and closed my eyes and nodded my head back. I could tell that the others had left except, Bradi. "So, want to talk about it?" she asked

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Come on, the Golden Years had meaning to you. You broke up with a guy, what was he like?"

"He was kind, sweet, warm, and perfect."

"What happened?"

"Well, there was a fight in our friend group, we all went our separate ways. Things are still cool between Toph and I. Zuko and I decided to go our separate ways."

"That's sad."

"It's life."

"Yeah, when my girlfriend and I broke up, it was hard but everyone last's fucking hard."

"Yeah, it is."

"How long were you two dating?" 

"Five years."

"Oh wow!"

"Yeah,"

"Well I got a new girlfriend, you could do the same. I mean get a new boyfriend, or girlfriend if you want one."

"There was another guy, I was kind of seeing in High School."

"No! Somebody new!"

"Why?"

"You can't just date guys from your High School."

"Fine!"

"So my girlfriend is hosting a little party this weekend, want to come?"

"Sure, what's her name?"

"Vivian"