Fight Number One

3rd Person

"Suki, did you get accepted to a college yet?" Sokka asked, "I'm going to Southern Water tribe University."

"Sokka, I'm going to the army, you've known this since the literal day we met." It was true, that first day, in math class the teacher asked what they wanted to do when they grew up, Sokka wanted to be an engineer and Suki wanted to join the army.

"I didn't know that you meant straight out of High school."

"Well, if you should have asked."

"Maybe you should have mentioned it."

"Maybe I shouldn't have had to. What's the difference, if I were going to go to a High school, it wouldn't be Southern Water Tribe University, so what difference does it matter!"

"If you had gone to college, we could've stayed in a relationship, even if it was long distance. You being in the military means that we will most likely have to break up."

"So what?"

"So what! Does our relationship mean anything to you?"

"A stupid High school fling isn't going to get in the way of my future."

"A stupid High school fling! We've dated for three years, you said that you loved me!"

"Well, I love my country more."

"I know but do you even have the decency to break up with me kindly."

"Of course I did! I had a plan,"

"A plan, maybe you should've planned our relationship better so it would've ended with you leaving!"

"So, you're saying that I shouldn't have been in a relationship all throughout High school just because I'm going to join the army after?" Before he could respond she got up from the table (That's right they had this fight at lunch, in front of all their friends) and asked the lunch monitor if she could go to the bathroom. She never came back.

Suki stood in front of the bathroom mirror, tears streaming down her face. She wanted to crumple up into a ball and cry like a baby. But she wasn't a baby, she was eighteen, an adult. She wiped the tears off her face and watched the red fade from her face. She headed to her next class, she didn't need him, she was an independent woman.

But they loved each other.