Promised

❗❗This chapter Contains triggering scenes like suicide❗❗

Jungkook's pov

I woke up in the morning feeling uneasy. Something seemed to be wrong. It had been 2 days since I saw Y/N. Well, I had told Jimin to call her up. He said she cut the call repeatedly.

I called my Hyung, who was a psychiatrist. I asked him about Y/N and he told me something very important.

*on phone*

Hyung: "I see... Jungkook, can you say me one thing?"

Jk: "nae."

Hyung: "Did she cry?"

What kind of question was that? Of course, she cri--. No, she hadn't! She had screamed, shouted but didn't shed a single drop of tear. Her eyes were not strained even in Taehyung's funeral.

Jk: "N-No. but what it has to do with this?"

Hyung: "Well, according to psychology, if you lose a close one of yours, you tend to have a mental shock. This affects you so much that it prevents the outcome of all your emotions. The stress and grief builds up inside you, which you can't get rid of. It will slowly eat up your body both physically and mentally until you completely lose your sanity. You will become insane. You will be unable to distinguish between right and wrong. You might do anything... including self-harm."

My eyes widened at his words. S-self h-harm??

Jk: "Hyung, what shall I do then??"

Hyung: "Make her cry! You are already late. She should cry her heart out. It will help her to come to normal. Crying is the best way to get rid of emotional stress. Go Jungkook, palli! (fast)"

*******

I quickly cut the call. My heart hammered on my chest. Without wasting any time drove to her apartment. "Y/n-ah, please don't do anything stupid!"

I repeatedly called her name and banged on the door. But no answer. It would have been better if she simply told me to get lost and never show my face again. Of course, I wouldn't go, but I couldn't at least know that she was okay.

Anxiousness took over me and I broke the door. "Mianhae, (sorry) I will pay for it!"

I made my way in and saw Y/N caressing her skin with a sharp knife. GOD! WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE DOING!

I ran to her and snatched the knife from her hand. Just in time!

"Jungkook, just let me die!" She struggled in my hold, "I am the worst girl in this world. No one wants me. My love died infront of my eyes! Maybe he was never happy with me! I failed to be his perfect partner! Please let me at least die in peace? I beg you!"

I threw the blade on the other side of the room. It hit the floor with a metallic clink. "YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOU ARE INDEED THE WORST PARTNER FOR TAE! You call yourself his closest, then how come you are unable to know where his happiness lies?! Think over it! Will he be happy seeing you like this?! Will his soul ever get peace in this way?!"  She remained mum. I shook her vigorously; I had completely lost it then.

"For god's sake, Y/N, open your eyes. Stop being selfish for at least once. We recently lost someone very close to us, we can't lose you too! Think about Jimin, Jisoo, Lisa, Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok and yoongi. Think about everyone who truly loves and cares for you. Think about me! Think about Taehyung, he had loved you more than his life! He won't have peace even in afterlife. I am not going to let you die, no matter what! I love my friend and I want him to be happy wherever he is now!"

I spoke everything under one breath. She stared blankly at my eyes. Then she dropped on her knees and sat on the ground. I realised what I had just said. It was too much.

I sat down and hugged her, "I-I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you.."

"Jungkook" she whispered, "Will he never come back? I will not be selfish anymore, I promise. Please just tell him to come back. I beg you!"  Her voice broke. She cried?? SHE CRIED! Finally, I was relieved and happy as well. What an irony! I was feeling happy seeing someone's tears. But I myself teared up at the same time. I slowly patted her back as she shook under my embrace.

"Answer me, Jungkook..."

"I am sorry." I whispered back.

She clutched my shirt tighter and broke down into more tears. "Why..."

She washed away all her emotions through that convulsive weeping. We stayed in that position for about an hour until she calmed herself down. Still she looked pale.

"You have saved my life a second time. Why?"

"It's because you are my friend. The dearest best friend, like Tae. Besides, I had promised someone to take care of you..."

"Who?"

"Taehyung."

She broke the hug and made a distance from me. "You knew about this?!"

"No, it's not what you think..."

I told her what happened that night.

"'You're a strong boy kookie, please keep her safe for me.', was the last thing he had said before fading in the air..." I quoted.

She looked at me as more tears overflowed her eyes. "I- I am sorry. I was not in my right mind. I will never do such stupid things again. I want my Tae to be happy."

"Good, now stop crying." I wiped off her tears with my thumbs. "Remember one thing, you can trust me as a friend. I will always be by you. I will try to keep you happy as much as I can."

"Thank you, kookie. You need not to feel guilty. It was not your fault. It's because of you I am alive."

"Thinking practically, it was no one's fault Afterall. He chose his own destiny. Perhaps he found more happiness there..."

"Uljima...." (don't cry)

"Naega ulgoshipjianna... (I don't wanna cry) but..." I tried to wipe off my tears but my eyes refused to obey.

She just held my hand in hers without any words. That was the best support she could give at that moment. I finally dried my eyes. "Let's have something to eat?"

"I want to sleep, Jungkook. I am too tired.."

I escorted her to the bed. I placed the blanket over her and switched off the light. I was about to leave when,

"Jungkook, can you please stay here for tonight?"

"but...." I gulped in anticipation.

"My room-mate is out for a trip. She won't return before next week. Just for one night. Please? I am scared.."

"Okay."

_________________________

What's up chingus?!
The covid situation is becoming intense. Please take care. Stay healthy. Stay safe.💜💜

Edit: 2022(after 2 years)

Me who has almost mastered korean looking back at this book and laughing at my mini usage of korean.😂