Chapter 10

Hey, guys,
So I think this is gonna be a longer chapter(yay!😁)

////////////////////////////////

Recap

"Guys, I've been courting Merlin for six months"

////////////////////////////////

The Knights stared at the King and the Warlock in shock. That bomb of truth slowly processes in the Knights brains'.

"You and Merlin" Cleared Percival.

"Courting?" Asked Lancelot .

"FOR SIX MONTH?!" Exclaimed Gwaine.

"2 MONTHS BEFORE THE FUNERAL?" Shouted Elyan.

"Ok, ok guys calm down. Let me explain," Answered Arthur, " it all started 4 months before the funeral,"

////////////////////////////////

Arthur was currently signing some important documents before a council meeting. Maybe it was the late autumn afternoon breeze or the fact that he wasn't sleeping well, but Arthur felt slightly tired and soon fell asleep.

In his dream, he was in the forest, the sun was shining and there was a slight breeze, making the tree leaves rustle. He looked around and noticed he was on a picnic blanket, with food surrounding him. He must be dreaming of being on a picnic with Gwen. Arthur felt strangely odd, like this isn't a normal dream.

"Hey I'm back!" Said a voice behind him. A very familiar voice.

A very MANLY(kirishima??) voice.

A very MERLIN voice.

Surely enough, when he turned around, there, in all his glory, was Merlin.

"Merlin?" Asked Arthur very confused. Why would he dream of having a picnic with MER-lin, of all people

"Yeah sorry I took so long, let's get back to our picnic," responded Merlin. The dream went on, the two made comfortable small talk. As the dream continued, Arthur felt more at ease and ok with the idea of being on a picnic with Merlin. This felt right. This felt way better than when he was with Gwen.

"Hey, you know I love being with you, right?" Said Merlin, staring with love in his eyes(...we're going with that, really? Ok)

"Yeah, me too," He replied without thinking. And that's when he realised he loved being around Merlin. Way more than what was appropriate for master and servant. Also, way more than he enjoyed spending time with Gwen. Sure, he still loved her, but now he saw her in a more friendly/sisterly way.

But that didn't mean he was in LOVE with Merlin, of all people.

Slowly Merlin closed his eyes and leaned in. (Ok we're doing this)Arthur leaned in without second thought. They're lips connected. Arthur cupped Merlin cheek, stroking it gently with his thumb. Their lips moved together and fit perfectly, like two puzzle peices(Nailed it).

—————————————————

He woke up from his dream, still on his desk and the dream still fresh in his mind. What was that?Why was he dreaming of kissing Merlin? At that moment, Merlin walked in with the laundry. While his back was turned, Arthur realises something very important(and slightly terrifying) truth. He was in love with Merlin.