When Things go Wrong- Part 1

A/N: Hello everyone I have decided to start another one shot, this one will be a little unique because it will be in a series of small 1000words or less updates.

I could have just started another book but It would only have been about 5 chapters long so we are gonna put it here instead.

This will be an angsty one as per usual...

Dec's POV
"Stephen I'm not sure this a good Idea what if something goes wrong?"  I bit my lip as I looked at the huge tank of water on the stage and Stephen standing next to it in shorts and a t-shirt, he had decided he was going to try an escape attempt just like our previous auditionee had.

"Relax Declan it'll be fine, I'm only using handcuffs and a padlock on the cover; besides if something does go wrong the medic is here." He tilted his head in the direction of the wings and I saw a medic watching us with the same nervous look as me.

"Stevie please reconsider I don't like it what if you get hurt?"  My voice sounded whiny now but I didn't care I didn't like where this was going, Stephen rolled his eyes at me and turned away practicing with the lock pick on the handcuffs.

I was about to say something else when I felt a familiar pair of arms wrap around me and I turned to face Ant, my distress must have been written on my face cause he frowned before running a hand through my hair.

"Hey easy Kidda what's got into you hey? I let out a quite sniffle my emotions getting the better of me and I pressed my head to Ant's chest as I spoke, "Stevie...I don't like it make him stop Anth."

Ant's POV
I frowned and brought a hand up running over Dec's back as I continued to comfort him, I was a little angry with Stephen what had he done to make Dec this upset?

I looked up expecting to see him laughing but instead I saw him standing next to the water tank from the previous escape act, surely he wasn't going to...no that was silly..right?

"Stephen what are you doing?"

He turned to face me and I gasped as I saw him playing with a lockpick and handcuffs, "Stephen Mulhern don't even think about it! Are you insane what if you get hurt?"

He rolled his eyes at me and I heard Dec whine against my chest which made me hug him while I glared at Stephen, "Ant it's fine like I told Dec I'm only using handcuffs and a padlock nothing to extreme and if something does go wrong there is a medic who has a pair of bolt cutters so just relax."

I shook my head at his stupidity this was insanely dangerous the people who did this had years of training not 10 minutes of practice with a lockpick, "Stephen please don't look at Dec he's terrified and so am I, you're our friend we don't want to see you get hurt."

He rolled his eyes again and then turned away from me to continue playing with the lockpick, my anxiety was through the roof now and I could feel Dec shaking hard in my arms as well as a few tears soaking my shirt.

"Come on kidda I have an idea"

I began to pull Dec along with me as I hurried backstage and to the judges room, if Stephen wouldn't listen to us I would just have to the get someone with more authority someone he couldn't refuse.

Stephen's POV

I heard the boys leave and I sighed I hadn't meant to frighten them but I just wanted to do something to drive the ratings up if I could, Simon had confessed to me that BGMT was in danger of being cancelled and I had been trying desperately to figure out a way to get ratings up.

After seeing the man escape from the water tank earlier I had decided what better way to drive up ratings than to have the host attempt the same stunt hopefully with positive results, I hooked the handcuffs again and continued practicing with the lockpick while a sick feeling continued to form in my stomach.

Maybe the boys were right maybe this wasn't such a good idea, I looked at the tank again and swallowed hard; what if it went wrong?

I glanced over at the medic and shivered when I saw that by now he had brought over and AED as well as an intubation kit, clearly he was preparing for the worst and I began to tremble a little, maybe I shouldn't do this.

I unlocked the handcuffs and went to pull them off and tell the crew that the stunt was off but just as I opened my mouth to do so a voice spoke up from the side of the stage.

"Chickening out already Mulhern?"

I looked up to see a cameraman from the ITV 1 crew smirking at me, I really didn't like Johnathan he was always picking on me and being rude and hateful but I hadn't said anything to anyone I didn't want to make waves; Especially not with my show being in Jeopardy.

 I bit my lip before I snapped back; "No I'm not I was just about to tell the crew to get their cameras ready so I can have video footage when I wipe that smirk off your face."

He frowned and huffed at me before he stomped away, stupid jerk I thought to myself; "Mr. Mulhern we are ready if you are."

I gulped at the sound of the cameraman's voice, well this was it; now or never.

I took a deep breath and glanced over to them medic one last time before sending up a quick prayer to anyone listening that this wouldn't end badly.

"Alright let's do it then"

I took a deep breath and started climbing up the small stool towards the tank of water.

A/N: Well guys that's the first part I hoped you liked it and please let me know if you want a second 💜

Also don't be afraid to leave me some feedback I always accept constructive critism 😊

Ok guys until next time Stay Safe 💜💜