2. God Left the Chat - Correction: God Left this Story

Hey everyone, happy Ieroween! What did you guys dress up as? Was it spooky?

Picture above is Frank in this story.

Anyways, enjoy!

———

The Prince's boots thumped on the marble stairs with every step he took, adding to the noise coming from the citizens gathered at the foot of the castle. When he reached the doors of the castle, he stopped. The noise ceased with him.

"Father," a warm voice called, a smile hiding under the tones. "I'm happy to have returned. Not a day has passed in the last year that I haven't thought about you or my people and home."

The Prince's voice, was soft and warm like heated honey as he spoke, it was very different from the King's. Gerard found it endearing, but at the same time, it made suspicions and unease rise within him.

The King let out a small laugh. "Look at you, you've grown so much. Our kingdom is happy to have you back."

The Prince chuckled in return and Gerard heard him yell a warm 'thank you' to the people outside, who cheered at the attention.

The Prince waved continuously to his people, politely talking to them and every once in a while taking a baby and kissing its head. Sometimes a kid would run up to him, and he would hold them up, moving them in circles in the air, making them laugh happily.

Gerard could hear it all as it happened, and all along jealousy twisted around his stomach and heart, like ivy sinking its thorns deep in his flesh. Then, as a poisonous plant would do, it released poisons that were so very familiar to Gerard, into his blood stream: jealousy and bitterness.

Slowly, the people began to scatter, going back to their homes, where warm meals awaited them—something Gerard wished he had too. A few minutes passed, and by then only small patches of people were still by the foot of the castle. It was mostly the people who were inside of the castle that stayed.

A cold gust of wind came through the doors and Gerard's body shook, his breath turned into white mist. Goosebumps littered every inch of his skin and he could see the tips of his fingers become redder by the second. His face was absolutely frozen, he was slightly worried that if his jaw continued to clatter it would break.

"Shouldn't we close the doors, father?" The Prince's voice inquired, and Gerard blinked confusedly. His eyebrows creased slightly.

"I can only assume how cold everyone in here are, I forgot how cold Afrana could get at winter." He said with a slight chuckle.

That caught Gerard's attention. Everyone was well dressed for the winter, covered in multiple layers and furs, heating runes sewed in their clothes.

Well, everyone except for the elves, who were dressed in minimal clothing. And the human servants, although they had at least two more layers than the elves had, and they had socks, and shoes, and gloves.

Gerard and his kind had none of these.
Dangerous interest bubbled in Gerard, he knew he shouldn't—but he really couldn't help it, he had never seen the Prince before. He sounded so kind, and all anyone in the castle ever talked about were his good looks.

So Gerard lifted his head, just the smallest movement. So he could look up through his hair.

The Prince, he had tanned skin, and chocolate brown, almost black hair that framed his face perfectly. It was soft looking and fell in light waves on his neck and up until his jaw, some of it covering his forehead. A crooked smile was sat upon his pink lips, and his cheeks were painted a deep color from the cold.