day 3- villain attack

Marinette sighed heavily as she assessed her situation. Her entire class was being held hostage by Two-Face. Standard situation, with two goons guarding the doors, the class backed into a corner of the cafeteria with guns pointed at them by four more men, with six more stationed around the room. Two-Face stood in the middle of the room with what he probably thought was an evil grin. The windows were unguarded, and only two guards had them in their peripheral.

It was supposed to be a nice, relaxing senior trip to Gotham. She was supposed to enjoy the dark elegance of the architecture and go on dates with Jason and patrol as Ladybird.

Not get stuck as a civilian in the cafeteria of the history museum. Stupid Two-Face.

Silently, she slides her hand inside her purse, patting Tikki reassuringly. She can't transform into Ladybird here, civilian Marinette will have to find a way out, preferably with no casualties. Her fingers slip inside the hidden pocket and press the emergency button. The Bats will now be tracing her signal.

The tiny comm device she always keeps in her ear crackles to life. "Ladybird. This is Oracle. I need your assessment on the situation."

She slowly taps out Two Face in Morse Code. Cafeteria. Only class here.

"Okay, got it. Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Robin, Black Bat, and Spoiler are on their way. Hood's freaking out. Can you count the number of men and weapons?"

Marinette quirks a smile at the mention of Jason. Two at door. Four watching us. Six standing vigil. Two Face in center. All armed. Pistols and four have semis.

"Acknowledged. ETA six minutes. Hang on, Ladybird."

Two-Face finally stops flipping his coin and scans them over. "Alright. Which one of you is Lila Rossi? I'm here to give Batman's civilian aide a very warm welcome to our city." He sneers, and Marinette internally groans. Trust Lila to open her big mouth and put them all in danger.

Two-Face not-so-subtly traces most of the class' fearful glances towards the mentioned Italian, and smirks. He motions to one of his henchmen, and he brings the panicking girl forward. "Start the broadcast."

"Ladybird. ETA five minutes. What's happening over there?" Oracle asks tensely.

Lila lied. Batman's civilian aide. Broadcasting.

"Shit." Oracle mutters. "Go figure, that little-" She clears her throat. "Sorry. Anyway, best entry route?"

Windows. Only two have them in peripheral. I can take them out on signal. Marinette barely pays attention to Two-Face interrogating Lila on the location of the Batcave. The broadcast must have already finished. Morse code is so slow.

"I think that would be best. You have things to work with?" Marinette clicks y-e-s. "Okay, good. ETA four minutes, I've let them know that they should enter through windows. On my signal, take out the two in peripheral. Will there be any potential collateral?"

Four guarding us do not have window watchers in sights. Nobody does. I'll make it silent.

"Affirmative."

Lila squirms in Two-Face's grip. "Okay, fine! I lied!" She shrieks, and the class gasps. Two-Face cocks his head.

"About what, Miss Rossi? I urge you to tell the truth for once."

Shaking, Lila obeys. "I've never been to Gotham before. I've never met Batman, I don't know where the Batcave is. I am not a civilian aide to Batman. I am not Ladybug's best friend. Hell, I don't even like Ladybug. I have never been to Achu. I never saved Jagged Stone's cat. I don't have tinnitus or arthritis or any of those disabilities, Marinette didn't bully me at all. I framed her to get her expelled. I-is that enough?"