day 5- villain au

not really a villain, but more of a Siren-in-training.

"Remember what to do if you see Batman and Robin?" Selina files her pointed nails as she speaks

Marinette smirks. "Lead them on a wild goose chase. My new status will catch you interest, allowing you to get away with the prize."

Selina smiles, slow and catlike. "Right you are, kitten. You're gonna make a great Siren."

Harley nods enthusiastically from the kitchen counter. "Definitely. Can ya give me your cookie recipe? I need more of this in ma life."

"Sorry, Aunt Harley." The twelve year old giggles. "It was a family secret."

Harley pouts. "Well, I gotta get back ta Mista J anyway. He doesn't like to be kept waiting. Toodles!" She skips out the apartment door.

Ivy, who's watering her plants, sighs. "I wish she'd dump Joker already."

"Yeah, me too." Marinette hums. "I've been in this city for only a year, and even I know it's bad news."

Selina ruffles her adopted daughter's hair. "Don't you worry, kitten. We're gonna get Harley out of that man's claws sooner or later."

"...Hope it's sooner." Marinette mumbles.

__________________

"You ready, kitten?" Selina calls.

Marinette smiles, stepping out of her bedroom and posing. "How do I look?"

Her elbow-length dark blue hair is pulled into a ponytail. She wears a black faux leather jacket with a bulletproof lining over a black shirt (also lined with Kevlar) and leggings (again, lined with Kevlar.) Her feet are clad in steel-toed combat boots and a hood with cat ears, which is fastened to the shirt, is pulled up over her head. Marinette's hands are covered in fingerless black gloves, exposing her pointed nails, and a black utility belt rests on her waist. She wears a plain black domino with the eye holes cut out to conceal her identity. The white lenses of the bats are boring, in her opinion.

Her adoptive mother whistles appreciatively. "You did an amazing job on that suit, kitten. Now, let's go. There's a diamond calling my name."

"And I believe I get to toy with the Bat and the Bird." Marinette's grin is all teeth, showing off her unusually sharp canines.

__________________

"Bats and Robin are in my sight. Heading away from your location now." Minette mutters into the comm, straightening from her hiding spot and leaping away on the rooftops.

"Got it." Catwoman purrs. "Take your time with them. I have a lot of security to get through."

Minette glances over her shoulder, and sure enough, there are two caped shadows in pursuit, one significantly smaller than the other. "Copy that."