day 18- silence

this one is suuuuper dark and there's lots of death. and graphic descriptions of death. and murder. you have been warned.

 you have been warned

It is silent.

She is surrounded by blood.

The silence is deafening.

It is all that is left.

The others are gone, having fallen in battle.

One by one.

Batgirl went first. Heart ripped clean out of her chest. A Talon holding it, in its bloody claws, as she fell to the ground with one last scream.

Beware the Court of Owls.

Red Robin was second to fall, shocked by the loss of his partner. The hesitation resulted in claws tearing through his throat. He met his end next to her.

That watches all the time

Oracle informed them of Agent A's passing. They all heard her die too, not long after.

Ruling Gotham from a shadow perch

Next was Nightwing. A valiant sacrifice, to save Robin. Struck in the back with no less than eighteen throwing knives, but successfully shielding the young bird.

Behind granite and lime.

It mattered not. Robin was angered by the death of his eldest, and closest brother. His movements grew reckless. He met his end through his own blade shoved into his neck.

They watch you at your hearth

Her love died slowly, painfully in front of her from a dozen wounds, bleeding out. She told him of her undying love. He passed with a smile on his face.

They watch you in your bed.

The Dark Knight does not fall. But when he did, he fell hard. Flung off the roof of his own company without a grapple line. The crunch was loud. It was terrible, but at least it wasn't silent.

Speak not a whispered word of them

Black Bat was last, a whirlwind of silent fury and lethality in her graceful movements. It took fourteen Talons for her to finally give in. She was the best fighter out of all of them. But not good enough.

Or they'll send a Talon for your head.

Now that they are gone, everything is silent.

She drops her head, admitting defeat.

The Court has won. She is the last one standing.

Standing, in an ocean of her family's blood.

The Talons do not make noise when they move.

Claws rip through her. It does not hurt as much as she expected.

Everything is silent as the world fades to black.