day 30- innocence

Warning: implied rape & torture. Read at your own risk.

The criminals who did this were good

The criminals who did this were good. Scarily so.

They had tapped into every major news broadcast, all playing the same live video.

Ladybird was bound to a steel beam, her Miraculous still (thankfully) in her ears, but her trackers were disabled with an EMP a while ago and they had no way of finding her.

All that could be done was watch the live feed and hope for clues. Even Oracle was having trouble tracing the broadcast.

Jason watched as Ladybird's mask was ripped off, revealing her to be Marinette Dupain-Cheng on live television.

He watched as the man behind the entire thing, using a voice changer to sound like Darth Vader, told them to go to makeladybirdscream.com to watch what would happen to her.

He had to watch the live feed of the man doing unspeakable things to his girlfriend, his Marinette, because they couldn't find the criminals. Couldn't find who was behind this. Couldn't save her.

Jason watched as she screamed and cried, but never once begged, tears streaming down his own face all the while. Every single day, at six am on the dot, the feed would start again, the man would hurt her, and Marinette would suffer. But she lived on. She carried on.

When it had been almost three weeks, and they were no closer to finding her, he watched as Marinette, shackles bound to her limbs and keeping her splayed against a wall, lifted her head to show her weary, bruised, and bloody face to the camera, and made a speech to the people of the world about being nice to each other. Told them that it wasn't worth it to hate, and that if she couldn't be saved, do it for her memory.

He watched as she directly addressed him on camera, and told him that she loved him, and then the man came back into the room and her screams filled the chamber once more.

The family grew desperate, and as a last resort, Jason took the butterfly miraculous and transformed with Nooroo. He didn't bother with a name, instead sending out an akuma to search Gotham, because the man had said they were still in Gotham, but that the Bats would never find her anyway.

The akuma does find her, easily following the beacon of pain and misery. She was held in the old Labyrinth from the time of the Court of Owls. Marinette welcomes the butterfly into her chains, and Jason nearly sobs with relief when she speaks.

He gives her the power to escape. She gladly accepts, and Jason watches as she rips her chains clean off the wall and tears her guard's heart out with her hand.

He watches, as the man who did this to her, the last one standing out of all his men, begs and pleads for his life, something that she never did.

"Please! I'll give you anything you want! Money, jewels, anything!"

Marinette just smiles, eyes haunted with unspeakable visions. "I want my innocence back. Can you give that to me?"

Jason watches as she rips the man's head clean off. He can't bring himself to care.