Chapter Twenty-Five: Rylee

Disclaimer: All characters and settings are purely fictional. If there are any similarities to real people or places, it is merely coincidental. The plot is written by me and not copied from any other writer.

***WARNING*** This chapter contains mutate content. If you're not interested in that kind of content, please proceed to the next chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Sweetest Apology ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My phone rang off the thirtieth time of the day. I didn't need to look at it to know it was Theo. He sent a bunch of messages apologizing for the situation. Part of me already forgave him, but the other couldn't get over his father's words. Had I really meant so little to him that he couldn't discuss his family's expectations of me as his girlfriend? I knew it wasn't the case, but still, his dad was right. No matter how difficult the conversation, it would have been better to have it than to have me looking stupid in front of his family. 

After dinner, I searched for his family name. Sitting at my desk, I read about how successful they were. They were responsible for a chain of business around Everton and a few in Windermere and Alverton, our neighboring towns. In very few words, the articles expressed their vast wealth and success. Looking at their photos, Theo's mom and aunt stood proud and refined. Looking in the mirror at my wild curls and tear-stained face, I seemed nothing like them. I wouldn't fit in their world. 

I sighed, ignoring another call from Theo. He was persistent. Why? If he knew I didn't fit into his family, why encourage my feelings? What was his plan? Quench his desire for me before settling with some prim and proper girl accepted by his family? I groaned, the image of some random picturesque girl standing next to him popped into my head. I cursed at the imaginary Theo. 

Another call. I opened the open and stare at the unanswered messages. They were all apologies and statements of his love for me. I wanted to pitch the phone at the wall. I stared up at the wallpaper, the streaming colors taunting me. Maybe I was losing my mind. A knock broke me out of my trance. 

"Come in!" I shouted, sticking my tongue out at the ceiling lines. I wasn't paying attention to who came inside. It was probably India or Ryland. My mom was busy studying, and my dad was to work. He was preoccupied with revamping the restaurant's menu. I think he just wanted a distraction from everything going on in the house. 

"Babe," Theo's voice startles me. I shot up before crawling back in defense. He walks to the bed and takes a seat. He sighs, "I'm sorry, babe. I didn't mean to scare you, but you weren't answering my calls. I didn't know what else to do. Don't be angry with me."

I looked around him, trying to see if Ryland was with him, but he takes my hand, "Ryland left a moment ago with India. I think your mom is downstairs studying, though." I look at the closed door, my eyes shifting from him and the door. It was just us. It was the first time Theo was in my room. He didn't seem interested in exploring it as much as I did his. 

"Can you forgive me, Ry?" He asked, pouting his lips. 

"Your dad's words really hurt me, Theo," I admit, bowing my head. I couldn't look at him. He was still his father, and as much as I didn't like what he said, I knew he said it to protect his son. 

"My parents aren't like yours, babe. They don't marry for love. It's always about business. I didn't talk to you about it because I love what we have. This thing between us feels so good and right to me. I didn't know much I wanted this until seeing your parents together. I don't want a business deal, Ry. I want you," Theo admits, pulling me towards him. He kisses me on the forehead. Then, down on my cheek. He gazes into my eyes, before pecking me on the lips.