1.

"Pack up dearies! You have a new foster mother waiting for you all downstairs." The nun clapped her hands with joy as they took out the bag from under their beds.

"Do you think it'll be the same as last time?" The youngest sibling, Yeri asked. 

"I don't think so. I heard the staff talk about a millionaire widow who is willing to raise 5 kids." Irene answered.

"A millionaire foster mom!? We'll be so well off!" Seulgi awed, holding the paw of her teddy bear.

 "I hope she can handle all of us." Joy snickered as she stood up, her small bag over her shoulder.

 "Don't jinx it Joy. Every time you say that we end up back here." Wendy rolled her eyes as she stuffed her books in a duffle bag.

The five girls stood up and stared at their worn-out, empty beds. Irene remembers the first time she saw that bed. She was only 11 when they found her and her sisters. Abandoned in a dark alley by their mother. That was 6 years ago, now she's 17. The twins, Seulgi and Wendy are 14. Joy is 12 and Yeri is 9. "Oh, how I'm never going to miss this place." Yeri chuckled as she went downstairs.

There the widow was, patiently waiting. She had grey short hair and only a few wrinkles on her hair, she looked youthful and in shape for her age despite that distinguished gray hair. 

"Hi sweetie, you must be Yeri?" Yeri furrowed her eyebrows and leaned against the wall, ignoring the widow's greeting. The woman awkwardly laughed it off, soon frowning after. 

"You're Joy? What a nice tall young lady you are!" The tall sibling strutted down the stairs. "In the flesh." She stood next to Yeri.

Finally, the last three siblings went down. "Ah. The twins, so nice seeing you Seulgi and Wendy." The twins nodded and lined up with Yeri and Joy.

 "Hello, Ms..?" Irene politely greeted. "Ms. Kilens, Irene dear." Wendy awed at the name. "Like Dr. Kilens? The famous late scientist?!" She gasped and clasped her hands together. "Yes, my dear are you a fan of him?" She smiled, opening the doors for the girls. "I hope to be like him!" Wendy squealed as they went inside a limousine. They looked around, snacks and water were visible in the storage compartments. Of course, Seulgi and Yeri raided the snacks.

"Now I know you all didn't have the best life at the orphanage, so I will give you the best money and love can provide... Which is a lot." The widow chuckled. "Welcome to my humble abode." the limousine pulled up to a giant mansion. The mansion was luxurious. It was about five stories. All the trees and lawn were manicured. "Woah...." Seulgi awed, putting her hands on the glass window. She licked the chocolate off her lips, after raiding the snack bar. "Let's go in and let me show you your rooms okay?" She exited the limousine, her white heels clicking against the tiles. Making a satisfying melody.

———

"All of your bedrooms are in this hallway. The nun told me your favorite colors so you'll know what your designated bedrooms are. Enjoy!" The widow went downstairs, her joyful humming gradually fading away. "Oh god. She wasn't lying when she has a lot of money." Yeri went into her room. A high ceiling, lilac walls, and her very own playground. Everything was color-coded to look elegant, rich, luxurious. You could tell the old woman loved interior designing. The hallway floors were marbled, the walls and ceilings were carefully painted with art. "Magnificent..." Seulgi whispered as she put her hand on the thick layer of dried oil paint. "I think she renovated the whole house after Dr. Kilen's death." Wendy wondered. "I'm bored, let's explore the house." Seulgi took Wendy by the wrist and dragged her downstairs.

Irene sat down on her fluffy reddish bed and sighed. Sure having a rich foster mom is nice but it's not her first rodeo. They have been to plenty of rich families. And they only used her for her natural beauty. Involuntary modeling, acting, forcefully using her for commercials. And not even paying her a cent. Just for an extra money flow. And when they were done, they just returned them to the orphanage like plastic dolls. Disgusting. She sighed. Hoping as soon as she turns 18, she'll be able to become the guardian of her sisters and finally be free. Free from all this suffering.

———

Irene looked at the utensils. "There's quite a bit of silverware, Ms. Kilens." "Please use whatever utensil you prefer. The butler used to serve the British royal family and still haven't adjusted." Ms. Kilens allowed. What a brag. Yeri thought. "Here are your meals. Japanese Wagyu Ribeye, seared to perfection. Medium rare." The butler placed the plates in front of them. It was a small portion, not enough for a child's appetite. "Can I have pizza after this?" Joy asked loudly. "Of course Miss Joy." The butler bowed and went to the kitchen. They cut into the ribeye. The middle of the steak was a perfect pinkish red and the juices were overflowing. Flavors burst as the marbled steak met their tongues.

"Miss Joy. Your pizza, with caviar, foie gras, and truffles as toppings. Enjoy." The girl stared at the messy pizza in disgust. "I asked for a pizza. Not a damn painting on bread!" Irene glared at Joy, making her shut up immediately. She frowned as she extracted a slice out of the pie, nibbling on the tip. The girl shrugged, continuing to eat more. "I have an event tomorrow. The press knows I'm fostering you, so I'll have to show you guys to the public." Wendy and Seulgi stood up. "Why?" They both said in harmony.

Everybody felt the tension in the air. "Don't answer. You're just using us for brownie points. I'm finished." Irene also stood up. "Let's go girls. I'll get you all some soft serve." The eldest sister invited. "Wait. Here's some money and come home at 11." Ms. Kilen hobbled over to the girl and put a fifty in the girl's palm. "I'm so sorry for attempting to put you all in the spotlight. I'll be canceling it" The twins intensely stared at the woman as she walked away.

———

Wendy peeked her head in her four sisters' bedrooms, whispering to them a good night. Feeling parched, she went down 3 floors to get water from the kitchen. Her eyes fluttered as her bare feet hit the steel cold floor, the freezing air giving her goosebumps. She opened the fridge to get a bottle of water and it was full of jars and bottles. The brunette looked around and saw that she wasn't in the kitchen. She was in a lab.

Dr. Kilen's lab!