3.

Two weeks later.

"Wendy... Wendy!" Yeri banged on the locked door. "What!" the girl grumbled, her voice rough and deep. "It's Thursday so we're going to have movie night tonight. And I'm not taking no for an answer!" Yeri shouted as the girl opened her door. She was pale. Almost the color of white, her eyes cold as the air surrounding them. "I need to talk to you. I know Ms. Kilens stopped by your room a two weeks ago." She pulled the younger sibling in and slammed the door shut.

———

TW!

Joy. Joy. Joy.

Is that even your name? You can't even recognize yourself anymore.

Your conscience is hanging on a shard of your broken heart.

It already let go once.

And I'm telling you to do it again.

Do it.

Cut yourself Joy.

It's not like anyone cares about you.

You're broken.

Damaged.

That's why you keep on getting sent back to the orphanage.

Like a little doll that's faulty.

But... I'm here for you. To give you the best advice. That's why I exist.

So do it.

Hurt the shell of your soul. Your body. Hurt yourself and the people around you.

Until you bleed out and die.

Until people stop grieving over you.

"Shut up!" Joy screamed, rolling herself in a ball and rocked herself back in forth. She looked like a lamb that's been slaughtered. Her white sweater soon bleeding a color of wine. Trembling profusely.

———

"What is up with you two girls today?" Ms. Kilens questioned. Yeri and Wendy glaring at the old woman intensely as they slowly chewed on the pasta cooked by her. After she fired every staff in the building. "Ah! I have chocolate in the fridge if you so do desire." The widow clasped her hands together and smiled, her eyes forming into crescents. "I think they're going through a phase." Seulgi eyed at the girls with confusion. "Ignore them..." Irene chuckled awkwardly, twirling the pasta. "So dearies. What are you all going to do?" "Sleepover." Joy muttered as she chugged the milk carton. "Oh jolly! You should've told me!" Ms. Kilens's green eyes lit up with joy. "I'll be getting snacks!" She stood up and reached for her pocketbook. "We got it covered. Thanks anyway." Irene stood up, shuddering from what happened last time. "Come on sisters. Let's change into our onesies..." Irene walked out of the dining room, the four others following her. Ms. Kilens intently watched the kids head upstairs. Then rushed to the basement.

———

"What movie should we watch?" Irene asked as she plopped the DVDs on the blanket. The hood of her pink bunny onesie covering her eyes. "Ooh oh! Dark Shadows first! I have a crush on Angelique." Joy inserted the disk into the DVD player and pressed start. She adjusted her chicken onesie before comfortably laying on her belly and munching on some popcorn. "Oh my god. We get it Joy. You love Eva Green. But isn't she like... almost triple your age?" Yeri complained, closing the door after getting candy. She was wearing a unicorn onesie. The twins sat on the bed, Wendy wearing a squirrel onesie and Seulgi wearing a bear onesie. "So what? She doesn't even age." Joy rolled her eyes. "After this we're doing karaoke." Seulgi said as she plugged the microphone into the speaker.

"I'm tired. Goodnight." Joy yawned as she tucked herself on the giant bed. "It's 1 am... Good thing tomorrow is the weekend." Seulgi shrugged as she throws herself onto the bed with Yeri and Wendy, who were already knocked out cold. "Sleep well." Irene shut off the TV, turned off the light as she laid down next to Joy. Irene glanced at the closed door before shutting her eyes. Her stomach grumbled with a sense of uneasiness, she shook it off. Too much sweets...

She thinks.

———

The door creaked open as the figure sneaked into the shadows. Watching the girls' chests rise peacefully. They rotated the firm grip on the knife before emerging in front of Wendy. Raising the knife and bringing it down. The sharp knife pierced through her onesie and into her thigh. Her eyes opened as she screamed in pain, waking up the others. Irene quickly turned on the bedside night lamp, revealing Ms. Kilens. Her emerald eyes flashing with evil. The woman pulled out the knife and swung it at Yeri. Slashing the girl's cheek. "Run!" Joy screamed as she sprinted out of the room. Seulgi lifted Wendy and rushed her out of the room. "Ms. Kilens. What are you doing?" Irene asked, as she watched the youngest sibling dash out of the bedroom. "Getting rid of evidence child." Ms. Kilens walks closer to Irene. The crimson liquid on the knife dripping onto the carpet floor.

Irene gulped as she ducked under the woman's legs and made a break for the door. The widow threw the knife at the teenager. But only for it to hit the wall above Irene. She ran down the hallway as Seulgi dragged her twin downstairs. She sprinted down the stairs as she heard the woman slowly start to walk. "Watch her head!" Seulgi whispered as Irene lifted the girl's legs. "Throw me down the stairs. I'll be okay." "If you say so." The girls shrugged as they tossed her down to the first floor. "Stay with her." Irene looked into her sisters eyes, as it was her last time. They departed their ways before the widow could come.

———

"Wendy! We're in the garage! We could get out, oh wait..." Seulgi attempted to lift up the garage door but failed. It was chained, bolted and locked shut. "A little help here?" Wendy panted as she sat on cold garage floor, groaning in pain. She could barely process what happened. Seulgi ran over and examined the bloody wound, the cold beads of her sweat dropping on her bloodied skin. She was losing blood. Fast. "I-I... Tell me what to do!" Seulgi harshly whispered.

"Get that clean rag and some superglue behind you." Wendy said, her rosy cheeks soon spreading into a rushed blush. "But... It's too deep." Seulgi swirled over and hastily collected the two items. "Better than dying!" Wendy frowned. Seulgi ripped off her onesie and wiped the blood up, but the blood from the nasty gash kept refilling. "Now put the glue in the wound, cover the whole thing." Seulgi unscrewed the cap and squeezed the tiny container on the wound. Then squeezing the wound with a worried look on her face. Wendy tilted her head back in pain as the superglue dried. "I should be good to go. She didn't hit any bone." "I need to tell them before it's too late!" Wendy coughed as she sat up on the car. Their eyes widen at the shimmery, black, classic car.

———

"No... no, no, no..." Joy cried as she pulled on the front door, it had multiple locks and was boarded up. So were all the windows. Joy looked at the dim lit kitchen across from her. "Dearies? Where are you?" Ms. Kilens's voice muffled due to the ceiling above Joy. She quietly dashed to the kitchen, opening up the knife drawer. Empty. She looked in the cabinet below the sink. Everything was empty, no acid, no cleaners. Nothing. She snatched some rusty scissors hidden in the back and sneaked below the stairs. Should I hide in the cabinet? No... She'll know where I am. Joy thought. She could hear the thumping of footsteps above her. She stripped herself until she was only wearing her underwear, since the bright yellow chicken onesie could be one of the reasons she'll possibly die. Joy clamped her shaking hand over her mouth as she saw the widow turn right, her anxiety rocketing through the roof. She gripped the scissors extra tight and attacked.