Fury {Bertholdt's POV}

Bertholdt had seen that filthy pig lay his hands on her for the last time. 

There was nothing stopping him now; Marco Bodt would pay dearly. The fiery rage that pooled in the pit of Betholdt's stomach was unappeasable, his furious jealousy unquenchable. There was nothing that would satisfy him other than the feeling of her beneath his calloused fingertips. He would bewitch her body and soul and there was nothing Marco could do to prepare himself for the fate that would soon befall him. 

His stormy green eyes settled on the {h/c} locks of the girl that his body yearned for. Her shoulders bounced with laughter and he smiled despite himself. Her joy was the force behind his every breath, his every movement. Her {s/c} skin shimmered in spite of the dim lights overhead and Bertholdt's breath caught in his throat. She looked as if she were covered in gems of the most pure and valuable nature. The only thing wrong with the picture before him was that.

Bertholdt's eyes settled on the tan hand occupying her inner thigh. That hand belonged to Marco Bodt, the monster that had snatched the most enchanting of creatures from his grasp. He wanted nothing more than to pluck the protuberance from the idiot's arm and to beat him about the head with the detached limb but, in the back of his mind, he knew that would be merciful compared to the fate that awaited him.

The object of his affection turned her head so that her beautiful {e/c} orbs flickered over his features. Her divinely crafted lips turned upward in a faint smile when she noticed that Bertholdt was already looking at her.

"Bertholdt!" His name seemed to flow over her tongue perfectly as if those delicate lips were created to beckon to him. She stood carefully and turned her back to the small horde that had assembled around her table. Her perfectly shaped legs carried her to him and he thought for sure that he would throw up. 

"Bertl?" She chimed again, seating herself directly across from him. Bertholdt could feel his hands shaking mercilessly, his brow becoming dotted with beads of cold sweat. Her very presence unnerved him; she was beyond perfection. Every passing moment added to the beauty she already possessed and he was sure that those beautiful eyes would never look at him with favor.

"I-I.." His vision was blurry. Was this her doing? How could she seem so unfazed by her own beauty? Did she not know the black magic that secreted from her every pore? "Yes?" His lips fumbled dumbly over his reply.

"I just wanted to check on you." She confessed, her {e/c} orbs fixated on the table underneath her elbows. Bertholdt took notice of the way her eyelashes caressed the peaks of her cheekbones with the utmost grace. "You looked kind of angry."

He was angry. He was more than angry, in fact. He was furious.

"N-No!" He protested with feigned sincerity. "What w-would make you think that?" Bertholdt cursed his shy nature. Every fiber of his being lusted after the soft flesh that she was made of.. But, instead of a confession, the only thing that his brain could produce was a half-assed facade.

"Are you sure?" Her {e/c} eyes came upward like those of a startled doe. "You're not mad at me?" Her voice trembled with each word and Bertholdt's heart threatened to shatter.

He could never be mad at her. She could slit his throat where he sat and, with his dying breath, he would apologize for spilling blood on her faultless body.

"Of co-course not." Bertholdt offered her a genuine smile in hopes that she would return to the beautiful, cheerful woman that he loved so much.

"Good." She whispered, his smile going undetected as her eyes darted back downward. "Marco and I got into a fight." Her {s/c} hand snaked its way to his side of the table with silent fervor and her eyes flickered upward for only a moment. Bertholdt opened the palm of his large hand and offered it to her, fully expecting her to ignore it. She grabbed it and clung to it tightly as if it were her lifeline and, in the moment that their skin touched at last, Bertholdt's world came to a screeching halt.