4- Leave it to Beiber

I sat in stunned silence, for months I had accepted the fact that I was alone. My mother gone, my father most likely gone, I had no one. But now, I apparently had not one, but two brothers, I felt a sudden flutter of hope in my chest. Maybe I wouldn't be alone. But, as soon as I saw Dean, who was clutching on to the steering wheel so tight his knuckles were white, what little hope I had came crashing down. Sam and Dean both shared a look, Dean finally letting go of the steering wheel.

        âSam,â he said, his voice strained, âCan I talk to you outside?â he asked, though it came out as more of a command. Without a word, the siblings stepped out of the car, the doors slamming loudly. I leaned back on the smooth leather seat, breathing heavily. One shaky hand came up to wipe my forehead as I watched the brothers argue. I couldn't hear them, but they both stood in front of the car, straight in my line of sight, seeming to be in intense discussion. I gulped, trying my best to hold tears in. I didn't want to leave. I couldn't leave. Pulling up my legs to my chest, I rocked slightly, my eyes burning and my throat closing up. I took a deep breath, picking at a loose strand on my jeans, purposely not looking up when the brothers entered the car again.

        âSo,â I finally said after a long silence, still not looking up, suddenly finding the laces of my shoes increasingly interesting. Without a word, the car rumbled to life, and we started driving down the road again. No words were spoken, the tension slicing through the air did that for us.

        âDoes your mom know where you are?â Sam finally asked, breaking the heavy silence.

        âNo.â I answered, my voice quiet.

        âYou ran away?â Dean asked, after a long pause. I swallowed the thick lump in my throat and nodded, tears blurring my vision.

        âGreat, just great,â Dean declared sarcastically, "We are already on the FBI's radar, and Princess Leia over here decides that it's a good idea to become a friggin' fugitive." I winced at his sharp remark, hugging my knees closer to my chest, holding in the sob that threatened to bubble out. Sam gave Dean a small shove, motioning to where I sat huddled in the back, finally noticing my emotional duress.

        "My mom's dead," I whispered, those three small words sending a stabbing pain through my chest.

        "What?" Dean asked, not hearing my quiet confession.

        "My mom, she doesn't know where I am," I said, a little louder, "Because she's dead," my voice broke and a sob ripped its way through my lips. I started rocking back and forth on the seat, struggling to reign in my emotions, I hated crying in front of strangers. I wiped away my tears roughly, hiccuping quietly.

        "Nobody believes me,"  I continued, their silence was my cue to continue, "They thought that I- that I had done it." I said, letting out a humourless chuckle.

        "Then, then they thought I was crazy," my chuckle turned into another sob, in the corner of my eye, I saw Sam send Dean a worried glance. "You probably think that I am crazy too, but I know what I saw, those eyes, they weren't normal, I wasn't hallucinating, I would know the difference." My voice had turned monotonous, as I repeated what I had told so many people so many times. 

        "Blair," Sam said quietly, "What did the eyes look like?" I looked up at him, surprised. No one had ever asked me that before. 

      "Black," I whispered, "Pure black."

~~~~~~~~~~

        Not another word was spoken as we carefully drove into town, the sign reading Blackville, South Carolina. My eye's widened, I had managed to drive into a totally different state during my escape. Still nervous, I leaned back and looked out into the passing scenery.

Baby, baby, baby oohhhh

Like Baby, baby, baby ohhh

Like baby, baby, baby ooohhh

Thought you'd always be mine

        "Please don't tell me she's singing Justin Beiber," Dean asked Sam sounding like he was in legitimate pain. Sam managed a small smile and chuckled lightly.

Baby, baby, baby ooohh

Like baby, baby, baby ooohhh

Like baby, baby, baby ooohhhhh

Thought you'd always be mine

        "I think she's singing Justin Beiber" Sam answered as I continued humming the chorus (which was the only part I knew). 

        "What?" I scoffed, "You don't 'Beleib'?" Glad that some of the tension had dissipated. From where I sat, leaning against the door, I couldn't see Dean's face. But his shoulders clearly stated 'very annoyed', leave it to Beiber to always break through a tense moment.
Another silence soon enveloped us, the tension gone, now replaced with a thick feeling of apprehension.

What now?

Author's note:
I feel as though I should get a little applause for the pure awesomeness that is this chapter's title. "Leave it to Beaver".. "Leave it to Beiber"?  Haaaaa!
Get it?
No?
*sighs*
I'm hopeless.
Sorry for the shortness.. XD I was going to continue writing, but I felt like it was better to stop there then continue on. 

Question:
What did you think of the whole Blair-Dean and Blair-Sam interaction? Did it seem believable?

Teaser:
While there is more drama is going on in the Winchester-Rodgers family then in Switched at Birth. Sam, Dean, and Blair try to figure out why Cas took an interest in Blair to begin with.

xD
Byyyee!
Shay