𝐢. the letter

CHAPTER ONE
01 | the letter

winterfell, house stark the north

the north

lyenne

     AT A YOUNG AGE, lyenne had always know she was a bastard, thanks to Theon, who not so kindly told her. She remembered that moment as clear as water. He had pushed to the ground and told her nobody would ever love a bastard. Of course, Lord Stark got known of the incident and preceded to make Theon apologize and have him do some punishments. She could still remember her fathers strong eyes telling her that she was her daughter, that she was a Stark to him, even if the name snow, says otherwise.

Her relationship with Arya was a wonderful sisterly love. Lyenne would tell her that she was just as beautiful as she was wild. She would always let Arya come to her bed at night is she had any nightmares. She would always let Arya win when they were having a playful round on the swords. The both of them had shared the Stark features. Yet, Lyenne was different; her highlights were more dazzling and enrapturing. Her figure tempting lust wherever she would go. She had always been good at swordfight, better then most and even besting Robb. Lady Catelyn had been fuming with anger when she had found out, nearly ready to have her sleep outside in the cold weather as a punishment. Had it not been for her lord father she would have to sleep outside.

However with Sansa, the sisterly love was completely the opposite. Her ginger-haired sister had hated her, despised her even. Lyenne had the feeling that Sansawas her jealous of her—she was not saying that out of arrogance but out of mere observation. Lyenne knew she was beautiful, more beautiful then most women, and of course would catch many male attention from Sansa, which she of course never intended to do. She had tried to tell Sansa, trying to make her understand that she was her sister and she loved her. She didn't want to hear any of it and shouted at her to leave the room.

When the King had sent a letter to her father telling that he was on his way to Winterfell with nearly the whole court at his back, had made Lyenne wary. She had known what that meant. She had to leave if her father wished to accept whatever wish the king wanted him to do. When she had spoken about the matter to her father, he had told her strictly, and under no circumstances would be left alone, relieving her.

Sansa had begun to be happy when it got announced that she was to marry Prince Joffrey and become the future Queen. Looking back, Lyenne had not know how those foolish thought of Sansa became. She wouldn't blame her though, Lady Catelyn never told her about the real world. What's really out there. She wanted her daughter to be the perfect lady, not knowing that the cost would be her naivety.

Lyenne could also remember those looks Robert would send her, and she was sure everyone noticed. She had been uncomfortable, she knew it was just because she looked like her aunt, perhaps even more beautiful. She had purple eyes, something she though was from Lady Ashara Dayne, it had to be. Who else could it had belonged to? Certainly not Queen Rhaella, she was years older then her father and wasn't even in King's Landing when the sack happened. So, like everyone else, she assumed her mother was Lady Ashara.