𝐢𝐢𝐢. the understanding

CHAPTER THREE
03 | the understanding

dragonstone, house targaryenthe east

the east

lyenne

    SHE STOOD ONTOP OF THE EDGE OF DRAGONSONE, WATCHING THE DRAGONS FLY AROUND IN THE SKY. She was fascinated, her eyes followed the dragon's every move. The light from the sun flickered the scales of the dragons making them almost glowing beneath the sun. It was a beautiful sight to see, surprisingly.

She heard the sounds of footsteps behind her. She didn't need to turn around to see who it was.

"Enjoying the view?" Daeron questioned, standing beside her and staring at his dragons.

Lyenne casted her eyes from Daeron, he was truly beautiful. Maybe too beautiful. She was pathetic and she knew it, but she needed to make an alliance with him for the north to survive. But that did not chance the beauty of the Dragon King.

Lyenne sighed. "Yes, it is truly beautiful when it's in the distance," Daeron arched a brow at her choice of words. She shook her head with a smile. "I only meant-" Now noticing the tease full look on his face she gave a chuckle before looking at the sight before her again.

"I only meant that they are beautiful. Truly."

Daeron had a somewhat sad look on his face, something Lyenne could recognize. Pain.

"I named them after my brothers and mother." He finally said, breaking the silence. His gaze was still on the sky watching the dragons.

Lyenne turned to him. "I wish to apologize of how rash I acted. I must have not acted like a Queen at all."

Daeron shook his head with a hand up to stop her talking. "No. I realize now that you are fighting for the north. Your home. Something I can relate to." He began, his voice chancing from stick to tired. "I have been betrayed numerous of times and do not trust people easily. I think you might relate to that."

Lyenne was surprised, she had though he would demand her to give him the north. She had though they would disagree more then once. But she soon begun to realize that Daeron Targaryen was loved and a good king among his people.

Tyrion had told her all about his actions against the slave masters, of how he freed all the slaves from enslavement. He had also told her about his first wife that died in childbirth after Daeron made a deal with a witch. Somehow, his wife and child both died in the end, leaving him all alone with only his dragons.

It was certainly an interesting and sorrowful story.

Lyenne merely shook her head, having had the same mistrust in the past. She remembered Ser Allister Thorne. She had to close her eyes at the distasteful memory. She had remembered how he told her he would let the men in the nights watch rape her if he got his way. She had known he was jealous of her victory of the wildlings and the loyalty for the men.

And then a boy—a little boy no older then Bran had been, had stabbed her in the chest. Somehow that had hurt more then the knife. The feeling of betrayal hurt more then the pain itself. Ser Allister had walked away with a smile on his face, triumph and victory oozing out from him as he had walked.

"I do understand," Lyenne looked at Daeron. "It was the time I let the wildings in the wall. I demanded the men of the nights watch to let them in. I had seen what was really out there, the real threat." She turned her back to him, her hands on the rail, supporting her as she stumped at the bad memory.

She felt Daeron's hands laying supportingly on her shoulders, keeping her from falling. Now she certainly did not look like a Queen.

Lyenne could feel her head turn and she brought her hand to her forehead. "I apologize. I must have eaten something bad."

Daeron shook his head. His right arm caught her legs as she nearly fell onto her knees. His left arm was supporting her arms and she now found herself pushed against Daeron.

"Don't say that, Lady Snow. I think we must bring you to your chambers to let you rest."

Even now, he wouldn't call her Queen. But surprisingly, she felt no need to correct him either. Before she knew, darkness met with Lyenne.

(warning) might be some spelling mistakes

don't worry guys. She didn't faint for any serious matters. As I wrote, her memory with Allister Thorne is not a good one. Any requests on any meetings or ideas on something they could connect on?

Daeron pov and past in the next chapter —>