𝐯𝐢𝐢. talking of the past

CHAPTER SEVEN
07 | talking of the past

CHAPTER SEVEN07 | talking of the past

dragonstone, house targaryen
the east

lyenne

LYENNE KNOCKED ON HIS DOOR, HER HANDS FALLING BESIDE HER. She didn't know what she was doing, but she needed to see him. She knew he was still rusted after what happened with the battle. She knew he would have chosen to burn them if she wasn't there.

The door opened and Lyenne noticed the surprised look on Daeron's face. Her eyes drifted down, and she felt a blush creep up to her neck. His muscles was noticeable under his thin tunic. And for a moment she wished she could run her hands down and–

"Lyenne?" Daeron's voice cut her from her thoughts. He had a confused look on his face that made him look like he was years younger, in a good way.

She coughed awkwardly, realizing that Daeron had noticed her long stare.

Thankfully, Daeron decided to break the silence. "Do you want to come inside?"

Lyenne looked at him and their eyes met. Purple against purple. She walked inside, her arms hugging each other because of the cold. It seemed like Daeron noticed as he brought his coat. Lyenne flinched, not expecting him to, however her eyes were soon filled with curiosity.

"I can't do anything else to save the north other then to marry you?" She asked, her voice tight. Varys had come to her and told her the agreement. She however, had no idea she wanted to marry him. He was beautiful and she knew that he would be a good king with the right advisors beside him. Yet she couldn't shake off a certain feeling that this would be wrong.

Lyenne sat herself down on the end he of his bed, her head on the ground as she waited for Daeron to answer her question.

Daeron ran a hand through his locks,"I need you, Lyenne. There is something about you that draws me to you,"

She had her mouth open as she watched him take a seat beside her. She noticed his hands shaking and felt the need to hold his hand. She sent him a smile that told him everything would be alright.

Daeron let out a sigh. "Years ago, I married a Dothraki woman from Khal Drogo's army. She was beautiful, she was a type of beauty that I had never seen before. She had dark skin, black hair and a feisty soul. I instantly fell for her. So I decided to marry her—of course Viserys was furious, but I didn't care, we were in love," he looked at the wall and smiled, thinking about his first wife. Suddenly his smile became a hard line. "When she died from childbirth, I couldn't take it. I needed her, I couldn't be a father without her. I was desperate, so desperate I let a witch do something to her. She came back unable to do anything, and my daughter dead. My daughter was beautiful, and I killed her. All because I wanted the impossible."

Lyenne sat there paralyzed, her hands now on Daeron's. She squeezed them hard making him look at her with teary eyes. She gave him a pitying smile, her hand brushing over the one tear that ran over his cheek. Daeron leaned against her hand and brought her other hand and planted a kiss on her palm.

"I was in love with my brother," Daeron didn't look surprised, he had heard the rumors and gossip regarding Robb Stark and Lyenne Snow.

"I loved him with all my heart. At first I didn't know I did, I thought it had been sisterly love, but how wrong I was. We slowly but steadily fell in love without realizing it. It wasn't before Lord Frey offered to marry one of his sons to me as well as my sister and himself, but he blankly refused. Lady Stark was furious and didn't understand. Honestly, i didn't either. How could he offer his true born sister but not his bastard sister? I confronted him about it, telling him that I would take Arya's place. But he wouldn't let me. And after that...our love grew into more electric and beautiful love. And I knew that from that moment on, that he would never let me go. I realized that I was with child and told him," She had a sad smile on her face.

"He was so happy, so cheerful. But then the Red Wedding came, and I had never been that scared in my entire life. They killed him before my eyes–they made me watch before stabbing me in the stomach," her eyes held tears now. "And I knew instantly that my child was dead. They didn't kill me though, Lord Tywin wanted me to be brought to King's Landing, but I didn't give up and freed myself before going to the wall and trying to find my brothers," Lyenne brushed her tears away with her arm. "The rest is the present."

Daeron pushed Lyenne closer to him, her back hitting his chest. She could feel his breath on the back of her neck, sending chills down her back. Somehow he managed to calm her with only a small touch from him.

"Marry me and become my Queen. We will rule in peace."

Lyenne pulled away and felt her heart fasten. She had never felt such desire to kiss a man. She hesitantly leaned in, and then abandoned all tentativeness and kissed him, drawing him closer. Daeron kissed back, fisting his hands her hair. She needed closeness, she needed something to hold onto to make the cold of the coming winter and the sorrow in her heart go away. Daeron's fingers weaved their way into her dark hair and she pressed close against him, until she could feel his heart beating through their chests. He smiled against her lips, but Lyenne pulled back, her breath ragged.

He put his forehead agains hers and let out breaths of exhaustion.

Lyenne met his captivating purple eyes and breathed out,

"Yes I will marry you, my king."

(warning) might be some spelling mistakes. One more chapter to go before the epilogue

daeron pov next chapter —>

Can you guys check out my two new GoT fanfics. The first is named WINTER LION (Robb Stark fanfic) and LOVE AND WAR (Robert Baratheon fanfic) I would love if you checked them out thanks!