𝐯𝐢. battle of the goldroad

CHAPTER SIX
06 | battle of the goldroad

CHAPTER SIX06 | battle of the goldroad

open land, house targaryen
the reach

lyenne

LYENNE NEVER FELT MORE AFRAID IN HER WHOLE LIFE. She could not believe she had just climbed option of Rhaegal and rode him. Nevertheless, she had tried not to drift her thoughts towards them.

Suddenly, a battle could be seen on the ground. She stared in horror. This was not what she had wanted. Lannister soldiers laid dead or burned on the ground. Lyenne could see Daeron ontop of a hill, watching the Lannister's with a sneer.

"Stop here Rhaegal." She commanded, her voice tight as though she was not talking to a dragon.

Her feet met the ground and she could feel every eyes burning into hers but ignored all of them. She walked up the hill and stood beside Daeron. He looked at her with fury. She knew she wasn't supposed to be here, but she would not let Daeron do anything stupid.

Daeron finally stepped forward, his hands calmly against his back. He looked like a King in that moment, like a King should look like. "I know what Cersei has told you. That I've come to destroy your cities, burn down your homes, murder you and orphan your children," Daeron paused, his eyes peering over the Lannister's. "That's Cersei Lannister, not me. I'm not here to murder, and all I want to destroy is the wheel that has rolled over rich and poor to the benefit of no one but the Cersei Lannister's of the world," He stared at them immensely as he took a few steps closer.

"I offer you a choice. Bend the knee and join me, or refuse and die."

Lyenne could feel her hands tighten as her eyes desperately tried to find Daeron's eyes. Her eyes caught Lord Tarly, the father of Sam. No.

"Step forward my Lord." He did and walked to the front for Lyenne to see clearly.

"I already have a Queen. A Queen who was born here. What do you know about ruling other then to take what's yours in fire and blood?" His eyes glared through the dragon king's head.

Daeron stood still, not letting his emotions get the best of him. Before any could say anything Tyrion had offered to say something.

"Look around you, look at King's Landing. Do you honestly think she is a good Queen? She burned down the sept with the Tyrells and her own family inside it with wildfire. Cersei is no better,"

"No. But she understands how things work here," he snapped, his eyes glaring at Tyrion. "And why would I ever trust a dwarf who betrayed his family and killed his father?"

Lyenne stepped forward, not wanting this to end badly. "My Lord. Perhaps you should give this a thought. I have seen how king Daeron is and acts. He is a true and good king. A king who will do good for the Seven Kingdoms."

Lord Tarly's eyes were now on hers, glaring at her as well. "I will not bow bow down to a son of the mad king."

Lyenne quickly grabbed Daeron's arm gently, trying to ease his fury. His eyes met hers and she looked at him with such doe eyes.

She pulled him away from the stares of the Lannisters. "You have to take them prisoners. It would not make you any more loved if you kill Lord Tarly."

Daeron scoffed. "He refused to bend the knee, I have every right. The Iron throne is my birth right, he has no right telling me I have not been born here-"

Lyenne stopped him, putting one finger against his lips to stop talking. "You might have been born in Dragonstone, but you have not lived in Westeros. You do not know our ways, Cersei does and she uses that to her advantage."

"Take Lord Tarly and his men prisoners, and make them see that you are a merciful king."

Daeron seemed to think about it for a moment before nodding. "You're right," he let out a chuckle. "You're always right." Lyenne cracked a smile, unable to hide it.

He brushed a dark piece of hair from her face behind her ear and walked towards the remaining Lannister army. "There will be no killing today. There is no need for people to die if we can stop it," he awerted his gaze to Tyrion.

"Cuff them and set them in the dungeons inside of Dragonstone."

Lord Tarly sneered. "You have no right, you are not my King."

Lyenne shook her head and walked forward so that she and Daeron stood side by side. Her eyes casted up to Daeron before looking back at Lord Tarly.

"Consider this mercy. Your Queen would have not shown you mercy. She would have killed you before you even got to say Targaryen."

(warning) might be some spelling mistakes