𝐢𝐢. the dragon king

CHAPTER TWO
02 | the dragon king

dragonstone, house targaryenthe east

the east

lyenne

DRAGONSTONE WAS MORE FRIGHTENING THAN SHE HAD THOUGHT TO BE UP CLOSE. The harsh winds caused massive waves of water splatter against the dark castle. One could almost imagine getting swept away into the churning sea; one could imagine themselves already freezing in its water, so chill was the winds. The walls of the castle climbed high into the air, almost as if they were touching the clouds themselves. Although of its darkness, Lyenne could almost feel the calmness radiating down from it, and from a different view, she could notice how the dark castle walls almost shined.

Lyenne takes a deep breath, breathing in the cold air. She's not been a lot of places in the Seven Kingdoms, but this was her first time visiting Dragonstone. She supposes it's not really visiting. More like trying to negotiate with the Dragon King. The though brought shudders through her body. She had heard tales of the dragon king over the Narrow Sea. That he had hatched dragon eggs, managed to have a larger army then the Tyrells and successfully arrived at Dragonstone.

The first thing she noticed was smell of salt filling the air, unaccustomed to her northern nose, the breeze blowing over them, a fine mist warning of an incoming storm. She could see the small entourage waiting for them as soon as her feet hit the asphalt, relief at being on the ground running through her. Taking a deep breath, gathering her thoughts, eying the group waiting for them.

Recognizing Tyrion, she scanned over the other two men, sorting them out as an Unsullied and Dothraki. She eyes Tyrion once more, noticing the scar on his face that had not been there when they had first met. She remembered that day as clear as water. She had remembered what he said, she would never forget it.

"The bastard of Winterfell," Tyrion greeted with a steady face. He was clothed in fine dark leather tunic and pants. Lyenne noticed the badge on his shoulder, something that she frowned upon. She had always been fond of Tyrion, but after what the Lannisters did with her family and Robb, she would've though the Dragon King not to trust him, as the Lannister's themselves also betrayed house Targaryen.

Lyenne didn't flicker her gaze away from him. "The dwarf of Casterly Rock,"

It was quiet for a moment before Tyrion flashed her a smile that she couldn't help but return. Tyrion was a very easy man to like, she had to admit. Their hands met, and she remembered the man who'd made such a good impression on her when she'd been a girl in Winterfell. She looked up, looking for the dragons he knew must exist. Sansa had called her a fool when she had agreed to come here, saying that she would be burned. She could not blame Sansa, she just never understood the real war. She hadn't seen the Others, not like Lyenne did.

Remembering, her eyes quickly cached on Tyrion's lapel once more. She was in enemy territory; she must not forget that. The though made Lyenne harden, there could be a chance she would not return back to Winterfell whole.

As if sensing the shift in mood, Tyrion introduced, "Missandei of Naath, the king's most trusted advisor."

The woman stepped up and her eyes met with the tall dark woman as she sent her a soft smile. "Welcome to Dragonstone, Lady Snow. Our king understands this has been a long journey and appreciates the efforts you have made on his behalf. If you wouldn't mind turning over your weapons."

Lyenne and Davos exchanged a look, having a silent argument if whether they would agree. Lyenne turned around and met with Tyrion's hard stare. She knew what he was saying. 'Don't do anything you wouldn't want to do while you're here'. She gave a stiff nod in reply, waving a hand at the Stark soldiers behind them beside the boats near the shore. "Of course"

Before she could say anything more a massive creature flying so close that Lyenne jumped down to duck the massive claws she'd seen. All of the northerners had followed her, but the queen's people had remained standing. Missandei was looking up at the black dragon like he was an old friend while Tyrion held out a hand to Lyenne.

"I'd say you get used to them, but you never really do."

Lyenne kept staring. She'd knew the dragons to be real, after all, how would the dragon king be alive at the moment. But seeing it up close was a whole different matter. It was like watching your own nightmare face you in reality. A reality you would never wake up from. A horrible dream. Nevertheless, the Dragons would be a sole purpose to end the Army of the Dead once they arrive. Without the dragons the north and the whole realm would be gone within the matter of years.

━━━

The dragon king was no doubt attractive and had all the Targaryen traits, purple eyes with silver hair. He was as pretty as in the songs.

As he stood tall, his back to her and Tyrion, she found herself admiring how proud he stood. Whereas Lyenne always doubted herself and her abilities, Daeron Targaryen stood tall and neither let anyone walk or talk over him.

Tyrion left and Lyenne found herself alone inside the dragon king's solar. She didn't know how to begin a conversation, she had always been an awkward person. She didn't like the attention or the pity.

"The Queen of the North," his voice was smooth almost like silk. He lifted his cup to drink the rest of his wine before turning around, a smirk finding itself on his face. "I must say, the rumors about your beauty does not disappoint,"

Lyenne held herself back from letting out a scoff, "thank you, King Daeron. But I am not here to speak to you about such matters. I am here for one thing."

Daeron let out a sigh, placing his finished cup of wine on the desk before sitting down on his chair. "Yes..Tyrion has notified each about your...icy problem."

Lyenne tightened her grip, not wanting to loose her only hope. "It is true, everything is true. Do you think I would be here–stand in this room for nothing?"

Daeron glared at her, his hands tightening on the hands of the chair. His hands became white and Lyenne hissed at herself for lashing out. But she couldn't help it, he was too infuriating and she had only been in his presence for mere minutes!

As though Daeron read her mind, his hands became his normal color. He gave her a hoax smile, trying to calm himself down. Lyenne was sure she saw his head become large with anger. After all..dragons couldn't keep their fury inside of them. It needs to be let out or the dragon is going to lash out with dragonfire.

"I think Lady Snow, that you have had a long journey and would like to be shown to your rooms."

Lyenne grew frustrated. "Am I your prisoner now?"

Daeron smirked, leaning back to the chair and flicking his hands to the guards. He looked back at her and tilted his head making some loose strands of hair fall over his eyes.

"Only if you see it that way My lady."

their meeting was so short. Sorry. You will see more of them next chapter!