24. Kiara

24. Kiara
**3rd person POV**
Read this while listening to 18 by one direction and tell me how much u cried -

Maureen was too afraid to face Luke this morning, so she stayed in her room until she heard the front door slam. They always slam the front door when they leave to the studio, so she figured the coast was clear.

And it was. Mo went back into her room and slipped on some shoes, grabbing her phone and some of the money she still had from the twin stylists. She reminded myself to finally cash those eight hundred she'd got from working at Chik-Fil-A. Yeah, Mo got paid eight hundred a week and no, she still didn't have a credit card. Mary-Alice always bugged her about that.

She walked down the stupid streets of New York and tried to remember where the coffee shop was. Then she realized, she hadn't seen Zach in such a long time and she could use a little talk.

Maureen didn't bother putting on a sweater, since she knew she would be inside the shop for longer than she would be outside, so she wrapped her arms around herself and walked into the best smelling coffee shop in the world. Honestly, they all smell like coffee, but for some reason, this one smelled way more than that. Like heaven.

"Pretty lady!" Zach gasped, throwing a towel over his shoulder and walking over to Maureen, holding a pot of black coffee. "Where have you been?" He asked, opening one arm for her to walk into. Maureen smiled, and wrapped her arms around his torso. This guy was real comforting.

"I've been busy." She mumbled, pulling away. "Just full of drama and shit."

Zach nodded. "Go, take a seat and i'll bring you a cup of hot chocolate and we'll talk it out." He lightly shoved her to the same place she always sat at and she nodded, sighing and sliding into the booth at the back of the shop.

That was when Maureen finally got to the thinking. She wondered if Luke even read her letter.

Maybe he opened the box and read the first sentence and threw it away. Maybe he knew the shoes were from her and he put them under his bed or threw them out the window.

Or maybe he read it, and was just too afraid to face her like she was afraid to face him.

"Here ya go, Mo." Zach came back, setting a black mug on the table and taking a seat across from her. "What's the drama lil mama?" He asked, making Maureen laugh in an unattractive way.

"What?" She chuckled, covering her mouth.

"Okay that was weird, even i don't know what i said." Zach chuckled, putting his hands on top of the table. "But what's got you so worked up?"

Maureen finally took a sip from her hot chocolate and sighed. "I mean, you remember that guy i was with the other day?"

Zach hummed, nodding his head after a short three seconds. "Yeah, the famous blond one with the very long legs. Let me tell you, he's leg goals."

Maureen nodded her head quickly. "I know! Have you seen his thighs?!"

"Yeah! Have you seen how high he can kick?! I saw him at a show a couple of weeks ago. Woo, that guy does his daily stretches." Zach agreed.

Maureen couldn't stop herself from laughing, but she knew that if she wanted to feel a little better, she would have to get a few things off her chest. She sighed, in a content way, then continued with her ranting. "Anyway, he's mad at me because he thinks i have much more of an attraction to his bandmate. His bandmate treats me like a sister, so i feel a little more comfortable around him. And Luke and I had just started being a thing, we skipped through the whole getting to know each other as friends thing. It gets a little awkward sometimes." Maureen shrugged, picking up her mug again and taking another sip.